• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sorry you left. :frown:

Good luck to you on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    how do you know she left? she was in my friends and now she isn't, but did you get a notification or something?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What a shame! :frown:

I hope you don't stay away! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    how do you know she left? she was in my friends and now she isn't, but did you get a notification or something?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ellelit
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

she mentioned being upset at having her thread locked.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

that SUCKS.
  • LaurenLibra
    Options
    WHAT?
    NO!!!:sad:

Oh I hope you are ok girl.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Why was her thread locked?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    she disagreed with a thread that existed, and posted one that was the complete opposite of it, and it was locked.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Ellelit, she was one of my first friends here, but I think that possibly MFP was not the place for her to go for the support she may really need. I hope she finds what she needs to heal the hurt that has her so consumed...............and she is in my prayers.:ohwell:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I enjoyed speaking to her, and her thread was all about positive uplifting support- :cry:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I think it's ridiculous her thread was locked. It was no more inflammatory than the thread it was mirroring. She just wanted to show that the opposite approach could be equally effective. Sure, it was tongue in cheek, but by no means did it break any of the forum rules.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Her thread reminded me that what we're doing is truly a LIFEstyle change. I didn't wake up fat one day. This is the result of YEARS of missteps (or just steps to the fridge). Bless her for sharing her family's very personal story.

126046.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well I hate to see her go...

I am in the dark - didn't realize there was locked post, etc.

Wishing her the best in her future!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I'll miss her
    bummed about this-
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    That is really sad.
    It's tragic her thread was locked too...
    I mean, I know we don't all get along and have differing views.... but it doesn't make one more superior to the other (minus unhealthy practices of course).
    :cry:
    Now I'm just pissi...er.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just have to chime in here and say that although I know my road wasn't for everyone, it wasn't targeted to hurt anyone. That being said, I wasn't offended at all when she posted her tongue-in-cheek thread mirroring mine, as I realize that it could have helped other people on different paths.

I, too, noticed she was gone, and I hope that nothing drastic and sad has occurred that made her leave MFP. She did mention that she thought people were being harsh and rude on an earlier thread that she started either last night or this morning. Many words of encouragement were left, but I got the impression that perhaps she thought she was being attacked and not supported.

Ellelit- If you're still out there, we hope you come back soon. I agree with FC and hope that you find the help you need, even if MFP wasn't where you could get it.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I wish nothing but the best for you Ellelit. You WILL be missed! :flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it had anything to do with her post yesterday about her mom admitting that she set her up for a lot of her addictive behavior and some of the responses. Ellelit - if you read this we :heart: you and hope you come back sometime! Best wishes and blessings - Kim
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed Ellelit, she was one of my first friends here, but I think that possibly MFP was not the place for her to go for the support she may really need. I hope she finds what she needs to heal the hurt that has her so consumed...............and she is in my prayers.:ohwell:

I can't say that she liked me... In fact, she told me on several occasions that my posts were cruel and insensitive, both publicly and privately.

I am sorry that her high level of sensitivity ultimately drove her to leave the community, but I don't think anyone is to blame. Not Michelle, not Dave, not Mike. Not anyone who offered well-intended advice.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Well dang, I was off here a bit yesterday and all this happened? I too knew nothing about a locked post and saw more posts from her recently which made me happy. I guess there can be drama even if we are all here for the same reasons.......