Cardio fail

Options
Along with watching what I eat, I'm been getting some cardio in. Problem I'm having is some days I can't seem to get through any cardio. I switch things up to not abuse the same muscles over and over, but I almost have a cardio crash some days. It's not a will-power thing, my legs just quit and turn to jelly.

Example this week:
Monday - 35 minutes on the elliptical, level 5
Tuesday - 10 minutes on the bicycle and my legs were done. Managed to get in 7/10 of a mile jogging after that, but that was a struggle.

Am I over-doing one day and it's causing me to have trouble the next?

JM

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I started with just 20 seconds on the exercise bike, many years ago, and built it up from there.

Slow and steady wins the race. Build it up over time. And be proud of yourself!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The eliptical and the bike both work the legs, so while you are doing different exercises, you are in fact working the same muscles.

Are you eating enough? If you are really pushing yourself during your workouts, working out on consecutive days may not be giving your body enough time to rest/recover. If you are going to workout on consecutive days, then you should really try to work different muscles (i.e. bike one day, swim the next).