scared and confused

Options
Hello last night i ate 3000 more calories to what i'm suppose to eat even with exercise. i also ate 8k more sodium.
today i went to the weighing scale and i lost 0.5. I'm confused how i lost 0.5 pounds, can anyone offer up a solution?

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a good feeding shocks the body's metabolism into overdrive.
    Be glad, but cut back to goal over the next 5 days before trying that again.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I would be scared too.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    <----Runs away from this topic...I'm sooooo scared!

In all honesty, the body is a mystery. But I wouldn't try doing that again soon expecting the same reults.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    All that salt made you pee alot and it's water weight. Oh wait, salt is supposed to make you bloat. Is it right before your time of the month. Sometimes, I lose water weight right before. Maybe you should see your gynecologist.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would make an appointment with your doctor right away!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Hello last night i ate 3000 more calories to what i'm suppose to eat even with exercise. i also ate 8k more sodium.
    today i went to the weighing scale and i lost 0.5. I'm confused how i lost 0.5 pounds, can anyone offer up a solution?

Solution? You lost weight.

If you want a fix next time eat 3 times that and Im sure you will gain weight!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    As an unlicensed internet physician, I will try to sum this up with a diagram of what is happening with your weight loss and increased caloric intake.

hdc_0001_0003_0_img0261.jpg
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I see a trend!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    As an unlicensed internet physician, I will try to sum this up with a diagram of what is happening with your weight loss and increased caloric intake.

hdc_0001_0003_0_img0261.jpg

I want one of those.
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options

cycling the amount of calories you get is always good for confusing your metabolism - however if you eat over consistently like that then the poundage will come on
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes. Hello old friend.

40 wings @ Applebees? Pfft... lightweight.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    It's not the next day you need to worry about. It's the day after and the day after that.

I notice that my weight will lag a day or even two behind my behavior. It goes both ways. The day after a 10 mile run, I've lost nothing - two days later, I'm down 2-3 lbs.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Very intriguing. I think we should run an experiment and have you eat like that every day for a month and see how much weight you've lost.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You probably pooped a little extra this morning.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Very intriguing. I think we should run an experiment and have you eat like that every day for a month and see how much weight you've lost.

Yes! OP should blog and we will all follow it! He will be MFP famous!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh my poop.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh my poop.

That makes me scared and confused.....
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's not the next day you need to worry about. It's the day after and the day after that.

I notice that my weight will lag a day or even two behind my behavior. It goes both ways. The day after a 10 mile run, I've lost nothing - two days later, I'm down 2-3 lbs.

So true. I'm always fine the next day after a big indulgence, but then a couple days down the road....BOOM scale skyrockets. It's not going to derail you completely, and maybe you won't have a gain in a few days. Take it as a deserved night of indulgence and MOVE ON. :drinker: cheers
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I wish that would happen to me. Last Friday morning I weighed 148 and Monday morning weighed 155 ! I ate pretty good except for one lousy salami sandwich Saturday night and 4 beers.