oh come on we all want to know

ma34113
ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
so yesterday a couple of girl friends and i were watching a movie with our hubbies sitting on the couch and during the commercials they started talking about "how hot the women were" and "which one was better"

and we asked them what made them "hot" some replied "cuz they are in shape" " big boobs" "nice thin legs".
..but then we when we asked them what a a good healthy weight was they all said "125-140"
what is too skinny?...."100-115" they look like the walking skeleton models.

then when we asked them what they found attractive they said
"fit but not muscle woman" "nice butt and boobs but not too big"...lol nothing about personality at all XD

and then when we told them the movie actresses weight " 105-115" they were shocked!
...and we "the girls" were all confused..

so please lets hear what you men like...actress weight and shape or the healthy weight class that has curves. or even the muscle women class.

we were just confused cuz the men were saying they wanted one thing"movie start body" but then they were contradicting themselves when they explained what they found attractive "weight class and looks"

Replies

• mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    People don't seem to accurately guess weight! In the spring I lost 30 lbs (since gained 20, and then lost 10 with MFP), and when I told him I wanted to reach 180 he said "oh, so in probably 3-6 months". I started at about 312 lbs and was only down to 279 lbs!

He didn't think I could have been more than 210 lbs! Made me laugh because he had no idea what I weighed by looking, and thought my goal and timeline was crazy.

Thanks for sharing that example!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    I don't like skinny women.

100-115 is OK (if you're under 5 feet tall).

I'd say 120-140 for someone 5'6" is about right.

And sexy is not about size, it's about how you carry it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    so yesterday a couple of girl friends and i were watching a movie with our hubbies sitting on the couch and during the commercials they started talking about "how hot the women were" and "which one was better"
    Charming.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'd say start with yourself. People are shallow regardless. Women also say they want one thing, but their actions show that they want something else.

{shrug}

I prefer a woman at the max of her ideal weight to 10-20 lbs over. While fitness models are nice to look at, fitness models are also high maintenance. I really don't have time for high maintenance.

I do not like a woman who is obese. So basically, a little over is my preferred. Super thin, no thanks. Obese... no thanks.

Weight in pounds doesn't correlate to how you look. A 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs may look awesome to me, and another 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs next to her may look sloppy. It's a lot in how you carry it too.
  • so yesterday a couple of girl friends and i were watching a movie with our hubbies sitting on the couch and during the commercials they started talking about "how hot the women were" and "which one was better"
    Charming.

i was thinking the same thing.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    My husband says Sofia Vergara is a perfect fantasy woman. He says that women should feel like women not a guy. So in other words soft.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Why does it matter "what men want" you to look like? I am sure just like women, all men like a variety and what one man may consider perfect, another may not.

I don't even worry about what my own husband "wants me to look like". Of course, I already know he finds me beautiful and just because he finds another women who looks different than me attractive, I am in no way threatened by that.

My self worth isn't measured by what others think of me.
  • ma34113
    Charming.

i was thinking the same thing.

oh we were part of the problem we were asking who they thought was hot and who was better lol we were iterested to see ...we all now are husbands are attracted to us and are confident with our bodies...we are just nosey hahah
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    My huband and i do this all the time - there's nothing derogatory meant. Being bi-sexual I am always looking at other women and discussing with my husband what I find "hot" compared to what he finds "hot". It makes for fun conversation and harmless chat.

To the OP - what movie were you watching??
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I find it funny that they actually gave weight answers. I don't think my husband would have a clue about weight. He likes just about any woman that is not very obese and has some hips. It doesn't matter if they are actress thin or a little on the chubby side. Kelly Clarkson has long been one of his favorites.
  • Im guessing that thier husbands love them how the are, this was just a interseting thing to talk about. I don't see why people feel that what she asked was wrong. Me and my husband have odd conversations like this all the time lol.. no harm done.
  • ma34113
    My huband and i do this all the time - there's nothing derogatory meant. Being bi-sexual I am always looking at other women and discussing with my husband what I find "hot" compared to what he finds "hot". It makes for fun conversation and harmless chat.

To the OP - what movie were you watching??
    we were watching the intro commercials of the movie so it was a bunch of women for many different movies
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    If their weight guessing is not accurate and they are attracted to movie star body then really their ideal weight would be 100-115. I don't understand why men always want that. Those stars have resources beyond our reach. Look at the working population. We're not models. Nor do we have the time and money to invest in looking like a movie star. We work all day and when we come home we want enjoy ourselves and our families. Not devote every spare minute to shaping our appearance.

Men can be so out of touch!!! This is a sensitive subject for me because I've met many men who expect perfection (wouldn't even give girls a chance) when they're not even "in shape" themselves. *sigh*
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    I think Jessica Biel looks ideal personally.
    5'7ish and I found a site that said she weighs around 115-120lbs
    34-24-34

jessica-biel-1.jpg

OR

Jessica Alba
    5'5"
    Bout the same weight & measurments

Jessica-Alba.jpg
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    ErinBeth -> this is not a trait that is male-exclusive. Women also tend to want men who are the pinnacles of physical appearance, even if they themselves are not.

That was something a few buddies of mine were discussing last week actually. Chubby women turning down chubby guys because they had more athletic guys hitting on them.

It's more of a "western culture" thing than a "man or woman" thing.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    There is such a thing as too skinny. I don't want to cuddle with a pencil.

JM
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    how about I get a 3 some with me, Kat Dennings, and Scarlett Johansson :drinker:
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    I am a girl and of course I check out other girls :) I think curvy/thicker women are sexy but in shape or toned! Still gotta have something to get a hold of I guess. I say that because that is how I want to be.

Men know nothing about weight either I work with a guy who is 6'5 and weighs 230lbs when I mentioned that I wanted to lose about 80lbs he said "NO WAY" you would look just sick...well he thought I only weighed about 180lbs to begin with which in actuality that is my goal...I started at 253!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    ErinBeth -> this is not a trait that is male-exclusive. Women also tend to want men who are the pinnacles of physical appearance, even if they themselves are not.

I do realize not every man wants a perfect body and there are lots of women who are judgmental as well. It goes both ways.

I was just ranting! Of course everyone would like to have that special someone who is physically perfect and gorgeous. In a perfect world....
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Of course everyone would like to have that special someone who is physically perfect and gorgeous. In a perfect world....

I would get bored. Perfect is over rated.