lots of changes!

Options
Hi everyone!

I have been a member of MFP for a long time.. I even found my old posts claiming dedication, determination, healthy eating and so on.. :blushing: I am not sure why weight loss is so hard for me.. I could go on and on with the excuses but really, I can only look at myself.. The awesome thing about losing weight though is it can start at any time.. no matter where you are or what you are doing.. you can take that small step to lose weight.. stairs instead of elevator.. fruit instead of fries.. water instead of soda..

This year brought lots of changes.. Short selling a house and moving in with the in laws :sad: experiencing a less than ideal labor and delivery.. :sad: having a baby :bigsmile: having gall bladder surgery.. the list goes on..

Its amazing how a child can change your life! Having a baby has motivated me to get back on MFP, get serious about losing weight. I want to be able to run around with her and take her to the playground and do all the things that will be difficult if I don't lose weight.. I also want to be a role model for her so she will grow up to be healthy, strong and active. She's only 11 weeks old but before I know it, she will be going off to college..

Due to the morning sickness that lasted my whole pregnancy, I lost weight during my pregnancy and now weigh less than what I was prior to getting pregnant.. (Talk about a blessing!) But I find myself on the slippery slope of bad eating habits and I need to get back on the right track. My reasons for losing weight have changed.. its all about being there for my daughter now.. Wish me luck!

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as well and also a mother. My youngest is 3.5 months and it is amazing how having children changes your motivation. I've dieted before children, but I'm so much more determined this time than every before. I actually look at it like a lifestyle change and going to the gym is my "me time". :bigsmile: Anyway, I'm going to friend you so we can keep each other on track!