Would you fast forward through time to when you're at your i

Options
krist3ng
krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
This is just for fun, and not supposed to be a reflection of your dedication or anything.

If a genie said, no strings attached, "I will transport you to when you have reached your ideal weight, but you will miss the time in between," would you accept his offer?

Details:
1- It would be as long as it would take you to reach the weight under a really dedicated eating and fitness program, no months-long plateaus, and no hidden catches (such as "you lost a leg in a coal mining accident! Now you weigh 40 pounds less!" or anything).
2- You would have a vague recollection of events in the ensuing months (years?), but not vivid memories.
3- If you said no, there is no guarantee you will reach that weight
4- the genie is a nice genie

I would do it. Or would I? It's a decision I'll never have to make, but I suppose I would sacrifice that time (about 2 or 3 months, according to my very scientific projections; it would put me at about 125?) in order to finally feel what it's like to have a body that is in shape and a healthy, trim weight. Besides, maybe I'd gain a few years of longevity in the bargain!

SO, MFPers! What sayest thou?

**Edit** The subject line was too long! It's supposed to be "Would you fast forward through time to when you're at your ideal weight?"

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    No, I wouldn't want to miss any time with my kids!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    would not be able to do that as it will probably take me a year to lose what i want to! thats a long time! would miss out on a lot of kid stuff and my sons graduation from hs
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :O you'd BE there, you just wouldn't remember it later... maybe your fake diet self would videotape the graduation :P
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No I wouldn't as I want to know how hard it is to lose so I will never put it back on again. Plus I wouldn't want to miss a moment of my miss growing up lol
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Even though I'd have a vague memory of the time, I think its important to really remember all the hard work, time, and dedication that went into getting to my ideal weight so I would appreciate it even more. I think that would also help to keep the weight off and maintain my ideal weight.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm loosing weight to be healthier and hopefully live a longer life, as a result it'll be a bit counter productive to fast forward threw a decent slice of my life in order to reach this goal... would it not :D
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the genie put me in that body for 1 day and then bring me back to reality...give me more motivation to get there!!!!
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes I would. Is that sad? My son is grown up so I won't miss any of his milestones. I have been this size for nearly 8 years and have wasted all that time. I'd love to fast forward to a time when I can start living properly again. I don't want to have an easy option as I quite enjoy making some real changes to my eating and exercise habits. Plus working for it will make it so much sweeter when I get there.....But.......I would like to be there now!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yep. No questions asked.

This feels like "Click."
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes! But only because I'm not crazy about how busy/stressful/cold the next few months are going to be. I'd skip right now to mid-February, even if I WASN'T going to reach my weight loss goal by then.
  • Lunalucina
    Options
    No way.
    Part of the journey has been seeing the progress---nothing has felt as good as measuring to see inches and lbs gone, discovering I can run farther and faster, and the triumph I feel when I can finally add more weight to the bar when lifting.
    I wouldn't want to miss those feelings.

Besides, I'd miss a lot of life--graduation, a masters program, whatever. Not worth it.
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    I totally would. I have no kids. No boyfriend. I just work out...go to work...go workout... and go home. rinse and repeat. I'm losing weight to go into the Air Force. So once I lose the weight, then my new life begins. If I had a fast forward button I would use it.