Need to feel full!

Options
I'm on a doctor monitored diet program, and my doc is delivering a baby today (it's through the ob/gyn obv). I get 1,000 calories a day. I'm doing pretty good on sticking to that number, and it's been 8 days. The past two days I have noticed I've been STARVING! I tried calling to talk to them for tips, but as mentioned, they're not in. I eat protein with every meal and eat ever 4 (ish) hours. I've tried adding a little more fiber, still not covering it. I'm all for pushing through, but I'm being super crabby and I feel sorry for my family. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Replies

• HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How many veggies are you eating? On a reduced calories diet, make sure you are including lots of bulk. Also, are you including complex carbs and healthy fats? Combining these with the protein will help keep you satiated longer.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Tons and tons and tons of veggies + lean proteins like chicken, fish, and beans.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I'm on a doctor monitored diet program, and my doc is delivering a baby today (it's through the ob/gyn obv). I get 1,000 calories a day. I'm doing pretty good on sticking to that number, and it's been 8 days. The past two days I have noticed I've been STARVING! I tried calling to talk to them for tips, but as mentioned, they're not in. I eat protein with every meal and eat ever 4 (ish) hours. I've tried adding a little more fiber, still not covering it. I'm all for pushing through, but I'm being super crabby and I feel sorry for my family. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Care to explain why a doctor would put you on a 1000 cal diet?
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    4 bean mix and heaps of roasted/grilled/bbqed veggies have been my saviours.