Tracking

Options
Does everyone track thier food intake and exercise? I forget to do it during the day (im pretty good at knowing the calories ive had) and seems abit useless in the evenings! does anyone find that tracking helps them keep on top of things? think maybe this will be my new years resolution :)

Replies

• musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For me, tracking throughout the day REALLY helps. That way, I can plan ahead if I know I'm going out to eat or eating something that I haven't made and thus can't control the calorie intake of. It motivates me to stay below my calories. It's such a good feeling to see " ... completed her food diary and was her calorie goal". :smile:
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For me, tracking throughout the day REALLY helps. That way, I can plan ahead if I know I'm going out to eat or eating something that I haven't made and thus can't control the calorie intake of. It motivates me to stay below my calories. It's such a good feeling to see " ... completed her food diary and was her calorie goal". :smile:
    Meant to say UNDER her calorie goal ...
  • donnalord
    donnalord Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    think im gonna have to start! im sure iits better as i could be guessing wrong! Thanks :)
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    I track everything and it helps a lot!
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite! I track better during the day (especially at work) than at night. But for the most part, breakfast and lunch are in and I know how much I have left for dinner so it's not too bad.

BUT I will say, the thing i have the hardest time with lately is when we have catered lunches (like today). I have no idea how to enter what I ate since I just had a small bit of everything. But I try to guesstimate as best I can.

OH and PS....Your photo is super cute!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it's useless to track your calories in the evening...?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the cupcakes.

I kid. I track my caloric intake and expenditures.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I track everything. Tracking (and sticking close to the plan) = success. :-)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Absolutely track. You might think you know what you've eaten but it's easy to forget something or misjudge a serving size if you don't log it. I use the app mostly the day to be sure I'm capturing everything. I also log all my exercise (measured with my HRM). I feel at the end of the day I know my calories left over (or not) are accurate, and the scale reflects that.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the cupcakes.

I kid. I track my caloric intake and expenditures.
    I'm here so I can track my calories and exercise, therefore knowing how many cupcakes I can have.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I use to track everything. After awhile I'd developed really good habits and starting eating a lot of the same things. I pretty much stopped tracking altogether (besides weight and exercise)

I'll track a day occasionally if I need to make sure I got enough calories (due to excessive output) or to make sure I don't go over (which hasn't happened in months)

6921816.png