Family stress

Options
How do you deal with family stress besides yelling at them.

The problem is they only call me or come looking for me when they need a favor or want money,otherwise they never call or ask me how i am doing . It is all about them.

Is this normal ?

Replies

• purpletrillium
    Options
    For my husband's family, yes! We just don't answer the phone. We've given enough money away to them, and there's always some excuse why they can't pay it back. We can choose our friends, but unfortunately not our families.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    sounds like my family! my siblings, my parents, my nieces and nephews......I quit answering the phone....
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    It is not normal. Then again my family is not what I would think is normal either. I would, if I were you, just say , "look I am unable to assist you with whatever you have going on. But if you would like to just chat, I am cool with that." I have been there and when I am asked those things, I either say that or glide over it as if I never heard it, and keep the conversation very superficial. Either that or I just dont answer when they call. I know that is horrible, but why would one want this kind of undue stress, especially when it has nothing to do with you or problems you might have going on. You can only take care of you, and that is what you must do.

Hang in there, I know it is hard, especially during the holidays. Much luck!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    and when you try to explain it to them, it's like you live in another world, they don't seem to understand.