Fitness plans for the New Year???

Options
I am ready to get this new year started and get fit and healthy! What is your plan for fitness? I think I am going to start out the year with Brazil Butt Lift and then maybe 30DS.

Replies

• RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Starting with a round of P90X followed by lots of running after the weather breaks, mini-marathon, full marathon, then finish the year with P90X2.
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, which is cardio, strength, and barre workouts
  • 0namission
    Options
    I started my new year earlyy!!! lol if i would have put it off till sunday..man..lets just say my new year would prolly have started in feb or sumthin! anywho...I started a 2000 Minute Workout Thingy...where i workout for 2K mins each month. We will see how jan goes! Also ...Doing 365 miles in 365 Days starting Jan 1st. Lots of little things going on! If i dont get 2 busy with the Tax season (Gonna Be Tax Prep this year) im gonna start a Jillian DVD! Hey umm Does anyone know...is P90x Doable at home? or do i need a good weigth and gym
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As soon as my Christmas tree is outta the way (lol) I'll be (re)starting the 30DS. I also plan to get into strength training at my gym as well as exploring the classes they offer once they start up again January 8th! I'm hoping to become stronger and more toned within the first few months of the new year!
    On a side note, I keep hearing people mention the P90X program.. Can someone tell me more about this? I have no idea what it is lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I already have a gym membership, but added a year membership at Jazzercise for the new year.
    I was a member before and missed it. The classes at my gym are all aimed at the super fit; no classes for someone older or looking for a workout that doesn't earn the title "extreme." At Jazzercise they remember to keep it fun and that there are many fitness levels and goals.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    almost finished with the C25K training (4 runs left, yay!) then moving on to the Bridge to 10K program then moving on to a 1/2 marathon training program since I've got one scheduled in November!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash in 3 weeks, then a couple of 5 ks and Urban Assualt Ride in Austin in June, then hopefully a half-marathon. Between I'll be increasing my strength with more weights!

Looking forward to an awesome 2012!
  • carlypreiss
    Options
    As soon as my new semester starts, I'll be getting a gym membership at the school and learning to lift HEAVY weights. I need to build muscle, because if this weight comes off and there's nothing under it, my skin is going to be a mess.

Also, it's SO much easier to lose weight when you have dense muscle laying around burning calories all the time instead of fat which does nothing and takes up more room.

Other than that, just continuing what I'm doing. Mini workouts everyday, some bigger/longer/more intense ones and eating (mostly!) clean, within my calorie goals.

I might try to take up running, I hate it right now though.
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get back on track with the C25K program, which I started recently. Week 1 went great but pain in my tibias is keeping me from moving on to Week 2.

Other than that, I'm gonna get more into strength training at the gym, try machines other than the ones where I can sit and check my email while I do it, haha.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am bringing it in with Phase 2 of P90X 2 and I also will be training for the Tough Mudder and a Half Marathon :)
  • sherbiecan
    sherbiecan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am going to try the zumba workout video and on the wii (once I get the video).

Will start it on Sunday as the first day of the year!

Sherbie