I think I have a problem...

Options
2»

Replies

• marenemma
    marenemma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh dear I wish I could say that about myself too : it's just this time of the year.
    I do what you've been talking about regularly. I have really great days, work out, eat good and even feel awesome or also have good mornings and then sometime during the day or at night or when I feel lonely or sad, I will eat way too much. More than 5 cookies too.
    How do you get away from that?!

And wow 90 minutes cardio! In the morning too! Good on you!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So here's the thing. I had a great start of the day - I did 90 minutes of cardio and burned 840 kcat this morning. Made me feel amazing! Then I had a nice breakfast... and then 11 am hit... It is 4 pm right now and I ate about 4 cookies and 5 chocolates totalling 800 kcal...
    Nobody normal eats that much chocolate/cookies in 5 hours... :( at least my net is 1100 (1900 I ate, 800 burned) but still... makes me feel like I'm vulnerable to food. Anyone else struggle with stupid stuff like this? I ate these at work, because there are cookie platters in the break room and about 5 boxes of chocolates placed conveniently everywhere around the office....

Yes. I struggle with that sometimes too.
  • MissOphelia
    Options
    Well here's what I do...cookies and that are everywhere this time of year...I know the feeling of wanting to eat a whole tin of them! So instead I think about how awful I feel mentally after I eat more than one cookie before I eat it. That usually turns me off of eating the stuff. If that doesn't work, I use mouthwash or brush my teeth. I've found that that tends to make me feel ill in my stomach and I don't want to eat for a couple hours afterward even if I'm actually hungry. I hope these tips work for you! :)
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I made peanut brittle the other day, and after making it I'll never look at it the same again. 1/2 cup of light corn syrup and a cup of sugar, a cup of peanuts, a little butter, some vanilla and baking soda. My lip curled in revulsion just stirring the sugar and corn syrup, What are we choosing/craving to put in ourselves and think that we won't have trouble. And I used to LOVE peanut brittle.

*sigh* I wonder how Oreo's and Doritos are made, if I could be repulsed by them I'd have a better chance at winning the war.

You're totally normal. The candy stash at my work is a huge Halloween cauldron, but it seems more like a Mary Poppins bag to me. Fun bars keep coming out of it no matter how many I take out. And don't get me started on the actual breakroom.

--brittle was to be a x-mas gift, but now I think I'll just bring it to work ha!