Christmas got you down?

Options
Christmas this year is so depressing to me. My husband and I were both working up until July, in which I left my job to move and August my husband got out of the military. Being a dental hygienist, I never expected I wouldn't be able to find another job. Here it is five months later, and still no hygiene job. My husband gets basic housing allowance for going to school (only while he is in school, since he's not for most of January, that means no pay) and I'm waitressing to make ends meet. When we were working, making $6000 a month, Christmas gifts were pretty generous. Now, with money this tight, I have literally gotten nothing for Christmas gifts. I feel awful, we aren't going to be spending Christmas with any family, but still I know that when we do go visit my parents, they'll have gifts for us. Of course I know that my parents know our financial situation and don't expect anything, but it still sucks. :( I was thinking of making little coupon books for silly things like baking my dad a pumpkin roll which I know he likes, but that just seems so tacky to me. Just wanted to vent and see how everyone else combats the Holiday Blues.:(

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I hope your situation improves. I have the Christmas blues too. I want to be with my husband, who doesn't want to be with me (and he's NOT good for me). We've been together for 10 years, married for 5, all of which have been very off and on. I've been driving extra time every day to pick up my grandkids after work every day and bring them home in the morning before work because that helps my depression. I hope you find something that works for you. And, please remember, it's NOT about what you can buy for people. The people that love you know your situation and don't EXPECT anything from you other than your love and good thoughts!
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Thank you, and I hope yours does as well.