When it's ok to eat and when it's ok ok to exercise, please

Options
Ok so i know that in order to lose a pound a week i'd have to burn at least 500 calories in a day. Well here is my main question. When is it best to eat and when is it best to exercise because i don't know if i should eat then burn 500 calories then est again later or do i burn 500 calories, eat and maybe burn a couple more? And is it a bad thing if i wanted to burn an extra 500 (1,000 a day) calories in a day or will that make me fatter? Please help :( Thank you

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I found this article for you. Not sure how accurate it is:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/general/qa-when-is-the-best-time-to-burn-calories/1544.html

You’re definitely on the right track with your running and lifting, because exercise is crucial for a successful weight-loss programme. But the timing of your meals won’t change the number of calories you burn (for running, that’s about 100 calories per mile).

However, timing will affect how you feel and perform when you train. If you’re not properly fuelled going into a work-out, it can leave you feeling tired and shaky, and this will compromise the intensity and duration of your exercise. Whether that happens in the middle of a run or a weights work-out, it’s no fun, and it’s certainly going to compromise your weight-loss efforts.

(click the link to read the rest)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Ok so i know that in order to lose a pound a week i'd have to burn at least 500 calories in a day. Well here is my main question. When is it best to eat and when is it best to exercise because i don't know if i should eat then burn 500 calories then est again later or do i burn 500 calories, eat and maybe burn a couple more? And is it a bad thing if i wanted to burn an extra 500 (1,000 a day) calories in a day or will that make me fatter? Please help :( Thank you

You are overthinking things.

Eat at a slight deficit and exercise and don't do math.

Set up MFP to track your intake and beyond that, don't do math. Just do the above sentence that I just wrote, a bunch of times.