Need Food Suggestions

Options
I need some soft, not much to chew, low fat food ideas. I had dental surgery and have to be on a really soft, not much to chew diet for a few days. I had the surgery yesterday all I had to eat was some peanut butter, Cream of Wheat and yogurt. I wasn't much in the mood to eat and only ate about 700 calories, which I know is not a good thing. I'm tired of yogurt because I was eating a lot of it before the surgery. Any suggestions???

Replies

• hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I need some soft, not much to chew, low fat food ideas. I had dental surgery and have to be on a really soft, not much to chew diet for a few days. I had the surgery yesterday all I had to eat was some peanut butter, Cream of Wheat and yogurt. I wasn't much in the mood to eat and only ate about 700 calories, which I know is not a good thing. I'm tired of yogurt because I was eating a lot of it before the surgery. Any suggestions???
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    soup
    applesauce
    maybe lean ground beef scrambled really small with rice in it
    scrambled egg whites/egg beaters
    skim milk
    maybe a smoothie - with yogurt and frozen fruit

Hope you feel better
  • nancyburkhart
    Options
    Mix one box of sugar-free jello (any flavor, but orange is best), according to box directions.
    When jello is set and you are ready to eat it, add Cool-Whip free. (if you use orange jello, this will taste very similar to a orange dreamsickle)
    Another easy dessert, is take a container of Cool=
  • nancyburkhart
    Options
    Mix one box of sugar-free jello (any flavor, but orange is best), according to box directions.
    When jello is set and you are ready to eat it, add Cool-Whip free. (if you use orange jello, this will taste very similar to a orange dreamsickle)
  • nancyburkhart
    Options
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    canned peas or carrots. they're mushy. All else fails, baby food because a lot of times you can find nutrients, but it's all mushy-gushy.