Does anybody feel nausea while doing yoga

Options
Am I the only one that feels "sick" while doing yoga? I know I am supposed to feel relaxed but I feel the exact opposite. any advice?

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have never felt nausea while doing yoga. Do you feel like this with other types of workouts too?
  • MelissaCristal
    Options
    Nope, only yoga and it bugs me because I really enjoy doing it.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Is there maybe a certain pose that does it to you? How long has it been going on?

Honestly, yoga is the workout of choice when I don't feel good, because it is something calm that I can do to stretch things out, and it feels amazing to me.

I'd say that if a certain pose is doing it, just skip that one, or find a way to modify it. If it's been going on for awhile though, and it is in every pose, you might want to see a doctor, because that just seems weird.
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel that way if I eat dairy an hour or two before. Maybe?
  • Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My yoga instructor told one of the other participants that it's toxins leaving your system when you feel nauseous. Unfortunately, she didn't really go into what you can do to alleviate it!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That happens to me if I haven't consumed enough liquids that day.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    What type of yoga are you doing?
  • MelissaCristal
    Options
    Well I did the yoga on the wii fit and it made me feel horribe!!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Maybe it's staring at the tv while you're doing it? I've never felt sick during yoga. Except Bikram, but that's a whole different story.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hmm... I'd suggest going to a few yoga classes if you can. Correct technique is really important and it's easy to be a bit wrong and not know it. (No idea why or how that'd cause nausea, but hey)

I've done classes for the past couple of years and I love it! (Never felt ill during it). I've got a DVD too, but again, a DVD doesn't correct you if you're putting your weight in the wrong place or putting your hands the wrong way or whatever.

Hope you can work it out 'cos yoga rocks!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    happens to me every damned time I try pilates. No one can explain it to me. all the exercises are ones I do in other classes. so wtf?