Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My laser hair removal experience thus far! (a follow up from

Hey guys!

Well I just got back from my first laser hair removal appointment. I got my chin done. I was really worried about what to expect. The gal actually used IPL (Intense Pulse Light) rather than a laser, so I'm not really sure how they're different. Either way - I was nervous as all get out, I gotta admit. I spent two days pouring over forums, people comparing the sensation of how it felt, etc. Gotta say: I was worried for nothing.

There was a bit of discomfort when she got to a more tender part just under my chin, and by discomfort I mean it felt like a quick prick by a hot needle followed by a hot sensation that quickly went away. My gal put cold gel straight out of the fridge on the area first, which helps with the heat. It isn't totally painless but FAR FAR FAR less than what I thought. I really hope this works. Been fighting PCOS and at one point, my hormone levels were all out of wack. They're good to go now, testosterone levels are normal so here we go. Session one down, five more to go. My next appointment is in two weeks. If this works, I can honestly say I'm going to kick myself in the *kitten* for not doing it sooner.

Check for Groupons! I bought six sessions for a small area for $99. I'll keep you updated. :) Really happy to have at least had the experience. :)

Replies

• Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    I love Laser hair removal, and I too utilize Groupon and Living social for them! Lots of times, the place wants to keep your business, and will offer additional treatments at a discount.
    I have done my face, underarms, legs, and Brazilian. The Brazilian/nether region is BY FAR the most painful - but so worth it!! :blushing:
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    I was *just about* to ask about that. ;) I'd consider it for sure, but MAN, I bet it's worth it. Do you have any regrowth you worry about at all?
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    I had my upper lip done in 2005....still going strong. LOVE IT
  • grrl77
    I was surprised at how little it actually hurt.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    on my lip, it only "hurt" when they hit the part of my lip that was close to a tooth that had a filling. Felt like it shocked on through and I'd get the taste of metal. But nothing bad at all...
  • Daniv84
    Daniv84 Posts: 12 Member
    I have PCOS also and am on my 5th session for my chin and I have had really good results! I am looking forward to see how it looks after the remaining session I have are over. :) Good luck! It is kinda painful BUT totally worth it to be hairless lol
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I am interested in how a brizilian would go. Like if it works or if you still have to landscape at all.
  • grrl77
    It's my understanding that before the treatment, you have to shave first. But having friends that have done the brazillian, they say they barely have to landscape at all now. Few stray hairs here and there, but it's nothing. I think if this works out for me, I'm *totally* moving to other areas of my body. Bic razors can suck it. ;)
  • I keep looking at the groupons for it because I've been wanting to get laser hair removal forever! I want it on my underarms and brazilian. Can they do eye brows or is that too dangerous?
  • This hurts bad. lol, I respect those of you who can do the brazillian because I never could! I did my chin, armpits, and belly. Armpits were the worst! Unfortunately I only did 2 treatments before finding out I am pregnant. So all the pain was in vain! I definitely will do it again after I have the baby, but I am enjoying the break from the pain. But...I am a wimp when it comes to pain so maybe that's the problem! I know from waxing down there ONCE (and I mean one strip! lol) that razors are the way for me! lol
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    But as a dark haired woman with coarse hair (even on my head), I would love to do this. I have to shave, tweeze and nair every few days. It sucks!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    I had my lip and chin done, and it was great for a year, there wasn't any pain involved really... a little pressure depending on if she was doing the laser or the needle, but my hormones changed on me and now it's all in vain because it is growing back and.... bleh now I have to shave and tweeze every week.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    I have the perfect combination, dark hair, light skin. I did laser hair removal. Not permanent at all. Not entirely gone in designated area. Just letting you know, laser isn't actually 100% effective or permanent in all people. I hope everyone else has better luck than me! I may try another place with another laser... sigh.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    The Brazilian is "everything" or... in my case, as far as you can take the pain - the closer you get to the "goods" the PAIN IS quick but AWFUL.

A reputable place WILL NOT do eyebrows - too dangerous.

It's not really permanent, especially if you have PCOS. I was pretty smooth for about a year, now I have some fine regrowth, not as bad as before, but I will get it done again when I find another deal.

Oh and FYI don't waste your money on the at home laser system...it won't work