Water help please...

Options
I have always been a big water drinker, ususally all I drink is water, coffee, skim milk and the occasional diet soda, until my last move. I don't know if this is a post baby taste bud change thing, or if the water where we live really tastes bad....but it tastes bad. I have a britta filtration device on the tap...still tastes funky. I have purchased the big gallon jugs of water you can fill yourself at the supermarket, and they still taste off to me - I can't bring myself to pay the money it would cost to drink all bottled water. I do Crystal Light alot, but I swear if someone checked my insides they must be pink by now from all the coloring. I would love some ideas, what does everyone else do to water....Thx!

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have always been a big water drinker, ususally all I drink is water, coffee, skim milk and the occasional diet soda, until my last move. I don't know if this is a post baby taste bud change thing, or if the water where we live really tastes bad....but it tastes bad. I have a britta filtration device on the tap...still tastes funky. I have purchased the big gallon jugs of water you can fill yourself at the supermarket, and they still taste off to me - I can't bring myself to pay the money it would cost to drink all bottled water. I do Crystal Light alot, but I swear if someone checked my insides they must be pink by now from all the coloring. I would love some ideas, what does everyone else do to water....Thx!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I buy the Food Lion brand of Purified water (less than $4 for 24 pack) if other like dasani or smart water aren't on sale...some spring water tastes dirty and I am on city water too.

Try some of the store brands - CVS's is good too.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    first I would check the water....your local county government office has a health dept or access to one and they will test your water to check the quality...I would talk to any neighbors you have, see if they have the same taste to their water...if the water is ok, then getting it really really cold helps
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i put in pieces of lemons or limes.. Sometimes i peel and freeze oranges and other fruit and put them in my glass instead of ice...
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Cold is the only way I can drink it right now:cry: I have to stand at the sink with a glass of cold water a few times a day and chug it down...that plus the crystal light and decaf tea is how I am getting my H20 in. I will try the frozen orange slices though, never thought of that one. Thanks!
  • rodnconnie
    Options
    Cold is the only way I can drink it right now:cry: I have to stand at the sink with a glass of cold water a few times a day and chug it down...that plus the crystal light and decaf tea is how I am getting my H20 in. I will try the frozen orange slices though, never thought of that one. Thanks!
    I moved from the Florida to Indianapolis 2 yrs ago. We bought the filter that fits on your faucet. Come to find out, they change the chemicals to make our drinking water clean & safe to drink during the winter. :noway: Never heard of it before! But the water doesn't smell or taste so bad during the rest of the year. I love my water too. I used to drink good ole southern sweet tea till I found out how unhealthy all that sugar was for me. My pain management doc told me to start drinking cherry juice. I buy the cherry juice concentrate, mix 1oz with 1 T. of Splenda and 12oz's of water. Makes the best treat too. :drinker: