SBF Feb 25th

Options
Good morning!
How is everyone?
Not too much happening today for a change! I'm taking Alex to therapy and I'm going to try to get a work out of some kind done this afternoon. And I have push ups and will continue to do sit ups.
I have been tired pretty much everyday that I can remember since at least having thyroid issues. Maybe even longer. I have tried B-vitamins and just haven't noticed a difference. My thyroid is at the right levels as far as I know. I'm still waiting to hear back about my hormones results but still I don't think that's going to tell me why I am so tired. Any suggestions on what vitamins or something that might help? I don't want anything unnatural. I'm going to look at the health food store when I go later.
Thanks!
Have a good day!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    How is everyone?
    Not too much happening today for a change! I'm taking Alex to therapy and I'm going to try to get a work out of some kind done this afternoon. And I have push ups and will continue to do sit ups.
    I have been tired pretty much everyday that I can remember since at least having thyroid issues. Maybe even longer. I have tried B-vitamins and just haven't noticed a difference. My thyroid is at the right levels as far as I know. I'm still waiting to hear back about my hormones results but still I don't think that's going to tell me why I am so tired. Any suggestions on what vitamins or something that might help? I don't want anything unnatural. I'm going to look at the health food store when I go later.
    Thanks!
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sun? I know you are only in DFW, but I get the lazies when I don't get enough sun (if you can't get out, vitamin D, but I think the sun is better).
    And well, exercise. You can get both if you go out for a walk. Can't complain about the weather either. Will it ever rain? (so, see, you can complain about the weather after all :laugh: ) I know you northerners will hate me for saying this, but I wish it would be cold for a bit. We've hardly had any cold weather this winter. It's going to be 85 degrees today!

Yesterday, I went to spin class - and that was it. I have a rather busy week, so I may get a little less exercise than usual. I'm still wearing my HRM to check my totals though. Today is cardio, weights, and yoga.

Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning. . .

MM, I have noticed that I'm extra tired if I'm not hydrated. That's all I can think of. . .also. . .don't underestimate the power of stress to exhaust you. It's like a vampire, for real.

Yesterday, my student was right on time, so I went to yoga. I keep crying in yoga. Every single time I go. There are no feelings associated with it (at least not on the surface) and it feels gentle and good. . .but I don't want to become "the woman who cries in yoga". I just figure that with all the sweat no one is noticing. I think the teacher notices, but that's it. I'm told it's very common. My teacher used the phrase "we have issues in our tissues". . .which I thought was hilarious.

So, today it's cardio and weights.

Oh, and I got on the scale this a.m. I haven't budged an ounce in either direction. Maybe my scale is actually broken? It's possible. I need to get out the tape measure and quit with the scale. The clothes fit better, so something's moved. stupid numbers.

That's my novel of the day.

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Both of those suggestions could be probable cause but this has been every day of my adult life pretty much. I am going to be out getting sun today because it's absolutely gorgeous out! Trying to figure out what to take for a sack lunch for Alex and I. I am going to look at the health store for two things my mid wife told me about in December that support the thyroid. I looked on the Internet and it will cost about $100 for 3 months worth. We really can't afford to do that and not have it work, so I am going to research it and see.
    Mary, it may get cold again yet. It seems to snow here and just a little father north around Easter time. I don't think we are done yet.
    Off to therapy. I wish it was for me. Maybe it would help. :laugh: Maybe I just need to ride a horse once a week! I'd love to, but I will live my dreams through my son. :laugh:
    MM
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Goals for today: eat healthy, drink my waters, get my exercise in. Today I'm supposed to do pilates with my daughter. Cardio kicked my butt last night. That tells me how out of shape I am. So I am really sore today. If I can get through two weeks of exercising everyday I will probably be good to go. I do get to the point where I want to do it, but it takes about 2 weeks for me to get into a routine. Still trying though.

Mary I think we have all the cold weather up here in Vermont. It was 7 degrees here today but the sun came out and it was so nice and warm this afternoon, I just soaked it up.

MM I don't know anything about thyroid problems, wish I could help. I'd like to ride a horse too. There are many places I could go and just do it for an hour, I just never have. We used to have one a long time ago.

Vivia I don't need a new scale, I'm afraid to get on my old one. I'm with you on getting a tape measure. My youngest stole my last one and I need to get a new one. I just know I don't fit in my snow pants:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: and I have to tone some and lose what I gained to get in them. Wish me luck! So I plan on doing something different everyday to see what catches my interest for exercise. I've walked, snowshoed, done a cardio video and tonight is pilates. I wish I lived close to a gym as I would have more choices.

Hope you all have a great day and will see you tomorrow.