Kinda odd and probably stupid question about abs

Options
K i know that crunches and sittups are Sooo NOT Going to help me lose any weight ....But.... I have had 2 Kids and also am about 45 pounds heavier than I was in highschool and about 50-55 pounds away from where I wanna be.

My skin and ab muscles are soo soft from being streched out for two pregnancys so I was wondering if doing crunches/sit-ups would help tighten the muscles (aside from the elliptical that i do to lose weight).....AND Im wondering that If I am successful at tightening my ab muscles If my stomach would be a better shape or be less jiggly at least untill I lose all the weight and don't have to worry about it anymore

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I dont think you'll be any less 'jiggly', but working your ab muscles will make them stronger which has a number of benefits.

1. It will help with your posture and will assist in having better control of all the other exercises in your routine.
    2. Any muscle that you build will have an effect on the amount of calories you need to sustain (meaning you may lose more weight... or get to eat a little more :P)
    3. Stronger stomach muscles will not reduse the fat layer covering them, but it will be easier to suck your belly in :laugh:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ Rayman79