10 minute trainer

Options
Hey everyone,

I started the 10 minute trainer today, how am I suppose to log these exercises, when I dont know how many calories are used. The log won't allow me to put this in, without the calories spent.
I took my before shots last night, and I plan on following the monthly calendar the program has set up, this morning I did 3 workouts, man, did I ever sweat. Day 1- cardio, lower body and abs.

I hope someone can help with this dilemma, or even estimate of how many calories I should put down.

*PS - its day 3 of no smoking.

Thanks,
Denny

Replies

• 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I started the 10 minute trainer today, how am I suppose to log these exercises, when I dont know how many calories are used. The log won't allow me to put this in, without the calories spent.
    I took my before shots last night, and I plan on following the monthly calendar the program has set up, this morning I did 3 workouts, man, did I ever sweat. Day 1- cardio, lower body and abs.

I hope someone can help with this dilemma, or even estimate of how many calories I should put down.

Thanks,
    Denny
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I put TMT in as general aerobics and it normal came out pretty close to what my HRM read. :flowerforyou:

Enjoy them!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Thanks,
    Denny

congrats on the no smokes...that is more important than anything,
    on the cals...you will be told to get a heart rate monitor, until you do-

general rule for cals
    moving with no sweat- 5-8 cals a minute
    moving light sweat- 8-12 cals a minute
    sweating hard breathing hard 12-16 cals a minute
    busting it- sweating, gasping 16-22 cals a minute
  • mslovetoteach
    Options
    What is the 10 minute trainer?
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    TMT was the first DVD workout video I bought when I started my weight loss journey 6 months ago, it's a pretty good beginner work out - I did the same thing as RachVR6 and just logged it as general aerobics. I wouldn't suggest following the meal plan though as it is only allowing you about 1000 cals per day. Still eat properly and use MFP to track your cals consumed, after a couple of weeks you'll see a huge difference in your endurance levels & cardio!

Keep up the good work on the no smoking...it can be tough, but just stay focused and weigh the pros & cons when temptation is there!

check out these tickers you can add to your forum signature, a little motivation to show your progress!!

www.haqur.com/script/smokefree
  • 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. This helps quite a bit.
    I am following pretty close to the Simply for Life eating program that was set up for me last year. SFL is a new program out in the Atlantic Provinces. I pretty much eat about 1100-1300 calories a day. Alot of fruit and vegetables, low on the carbs. I do know, anything below 1000 is not good. Thanks for the advice.

Now I have to figure out how to put the tickers to my signature.