L&L Chicken Katsu calorie confusion

Options
Hi guys, I know that this is a high fat unhealthy meal but I've been craving it like crazy so I figured I would let myself have a cheat day tomorrow. The problem is I'm looking up the nutrition info on the main site ( http://hawaiianbarbecue.com/live/menu/nutritional-information/ ) and as far as I can tell it doesn't make any sense...

Chicken Katsu (regular): 1690 cals
Chicken Katsu (mini) : 1190 cals
BUT
Chicken Katsu Piece : 350 cals

Now anyone who has eaten this knows that there is WAY more than 4.83 pieces of chicken on a regular plate. So. Is L&L just flat out lying or is there some strange math here that I'm not understanding :grumble:

Anyone who can help, your input is much appreciated :smooched:

Replies

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's the nutrition for the entire "plate". This includes the rice and the mac salad.

The chicken is cut up into little pieces. I assume when it says "one piece" that's the entire fillet of chicken that they've cut up for you (they do this with all their other meats).

I think in the mini you get one piece of chicken katsu, and in the regular you get two pieces of katsu.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My guess (and it is nothing but a guess) is that maybe the numbers are talking about different things? From the calories posted - I am thinking that the first 2 numbers are the breaded breast style with the sauce and maybe or maybe not include rice? Then I'm thinking the piece could be referring to actual pieces ie a drumstick etc...
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's the nutrition for the entire "plate". This includes the rice and the mac salad.

The chicken is cut up into little pieces. I assume when it says "one piece" that's the entire fillet of chicken that they've cut up for you (they do this with all their other meats).

I think in the mini you get one piece of chicken katsu, and in the regular you get two pieces of katsu.

Hmmm so you're guessing a "piece" is not a strip but the cooked chunk before it's sliced? That would make a lot of sense. :laugh: