Clean Snack Ideas

HELP! I'm at the end of day 2 clean eating but have 500 calories to hit my goal for today. I'm struggling for snack ideas. Can anyone suggest high calorie 'clean' food? Keeping in mind it's suppose to be a snack. So crazy to have to ask...usually I struggle to stay under!

Foods to restrict:
Nuts or seeds
Diary

Foods to Avoid
Legumes
Peas
Corn
Potato
Rice
Wheat
Soy
*Anything pre-packaged or processed including lunch meats

Makes it hard for snack options, doesnt it!

2nd Post of this. I think I scared people away from commenting by adding 'paleo' in the subject before :laugh:

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Avocado - 161 cal
    Half cup of cooked oats with 1 tbsp honey ~ 200 cal
    Macadamia nuts 1oz - 200 cal (Don't have to eat many if you're "restricting" but they are high in energy and good fats)
  • my goto snack this past month has been almonds! raw and unsalted. clean and it fills you up!! so good all around. def recommend it!
  • I like to snack on raw veggies. Mini sweet peppers are really yummy and fresh xx
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    I'd imagine (though don't know) the reason to restrict nuts is because they are high in calories. But if you're saying you need more calories, I'd go for nuts for sure. Almonds=yum!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Almonds! And I'm not 100% sure what you definition of clean is, but any kind of lean meat is also good.

And if you really want high calorie, dark chocolate is not actually that bad for you and is associated with decreased blood pressure. Have some dark chocolate covered almonds! Each one is like 25 calories and they taste great. They are a bit high in sugar though, so take that into consideration.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    500cals = 5 glasses of red wine
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    bananas drizzled with honey and chocolate sauce
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member

Add some ice cream, and you've almost got a sundae!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    HELP! I'm at the end of day 2 clean eating but have 500 calories to hit my goal for today. I'm struggling for snack ideas. Can anyone suggest high calorie 'clean' food? Keeping in mind it's suppose to be a snack. So crazy to have to ask...usually I struggle to stay under!

Foods to restrict:
    Nuts or seeds
    Diary

Foods to Avoid
    Legumes
    Peas
    Corn
    Potato
    Rice
    Wheat
    Soy

Makes it hard for snack options, doesnt it!

2nd Post of this. I think I scared people away from commenting by adding 'paleo' in the subject before :laugh:

Oats, quinoa, meat, baked yam with butter, guacamole w veggie sticks,
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Add some ice cream, and you've almost got a sundae!

Ice cream would be dairy, which she said was a no-no. But wouldn't both ice cream and chocolate sauce be processed foods?
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member

This but drizzled with peanut butter carmel sauce..maybe topped with a few almonds or walnuts ooooohhh
    natural homade p/butter/carmel sauce not processed.
  • ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    Kale chips ....cut leaves off stem, toss in olive oil (not too much), sprinkle with sea salt, bake for 10 minuets at 350!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Paleo cream puffs?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member

Foods to Avoid
    Legumes
    Peas
    Corn
    Potato
    Rice
    Wheat
    Soy

Wow, so glad i'm not doing your type of diet! I prefer eating whatever i want and hitting my macros! Makes it so much easier! :D
  • 500cals = 5 glasses of red wine

I like this suggestion the best!!!! :)
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member

Oats, quinoa, meat, baked yam with butter, guacamole w veggie sticks,

^this
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Veggies are good - fruit too. I love avocados!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 352 Member

Foods to Avoid
    Legumes
    Peas
    Corn
    Potato
    Rice
    Wheat
    Soy

Wow, so glad i'm not doing your type of diet! I prefer eating whatever i want and hitting my macros! Makes it so much easier! :D

Ok need some help, call me stupid, but what is Macros??
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Home made beef jerky is very paleo-friendly and you can control what goes into it. Alton Brown uses a great no -heat drying technique.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member

Foods to Avoid
    Legumes
    Peas
    Corn
    Potato
    Rice
    Wheat
    Soy

Ok need some help, call me stupid, but what is Macros??

Macro nutrients - Fat, protien, carbs. Keep the calorie deficit, make sure you hit these macro targets, eat what you enjoy = profit.