Need Tips and Support

Options
I have been back in the gym since the first of the year. I have had good and bad weeks with eating :blushing: . I am now kicking the fast food completely, no sweets, and down to one diet soda a day :bigsmile: . I have been fluxuating between 205 and 203.5 for the past few months :grumble: . I am starting to wonder how long it will take my body to kick start it's weight loss :sad: . I am now seeing a personal trainer at my gym and that seems to be working out well. I just feel stuck. :indifferent:

I have a wedding in 4 months, and Mexico vacation in 3! I need some tips!

Jessica

Replies

• MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have been back in the gym since the first of the year. I have had good and bad weeks with eating :blushing: . I am now kicking the fast food completely, no sweets, and down to one diet soda a day :bigsmile: . I have been fluxuating between 205 and 203.5 for the past few months :grumble: . I am starting to wonder how long it will take my body to kick start it's weight loss :sad: . I am now seeing a personal trainer at my gym and that seems to be working out well. I just feel stuck. :indifferent:

I have a wedding in 4 months, and Mexico vacation in 3! I need some tips!

Jessica
  • mgeek40
    Options
    Get rid of the diet soda and try Lipton Diet Green tea. Good flavor and lower sodium than most diets.

Stick to the gym as much as possible.

Lettuce at lease once a day.

Water, water, water!

And keep a good attitude and focus on your dreams!

And its ok to have a trat once a while just watch the portions and make it worth it!
  • goeddes
    Options
    A vacation to Mexico! I'd love to do that!

Sorry, had to get that out. I really think that drinking a good deal of water every day is essential to losing weight. Kicking the fast food will definately help out, and the sweets too. But you have to remember, if you cut everything out that you enjoy, you will feel like you're depriving yourself. (At least thats what happens to me). I like to come up with different ways to cook (in a healthy way). There are tons of recipes on different websites that will show how many calories are in it. Is there anyone that you can lean on for support? Everytime you are thinking about eating something that you know will be bad for your diet, call or text them. A good supporter will tell you that you don't really want to eat it and that you can do without. Do you get a lot of fiber in your diet? I hope this helps out even a little!! Have fun in Mexico!

You can do it!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I'll try those tips.

Jessica
  • MellyG426
    MellyG426 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I found that I was not losing weight the past few months because I wasn't truly sticking with the plan. I'd be good one day and then not so great the next. I would have a good week in working out hard, and the next something would change and I'd be a lump on a log. My advice to you, that worked for me to allow me to move past my only 4 lb loss for the past month... and drop 7 more pounds in a week-

- Like everyone said, drink drink drink your water. Take your weight and divide it by 1/2- try to drink about 100 ounces a day.
    -Try eating cleaner. Focus on fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and whole grains. I've tried to stay away from any type of pasta/bread for a little. I'm not going low carb by any means but those are my trigger foods. I dont want just one serving. Ive realized it so I'm breaking my habit. Its working really well and I'm not craving carbs all the time.
    -I said this in another post, I make sure to save room for a sweet treat at the end of the day. I grew up as a dessert person so I'm not gonna change that. I'm just changing what I choose for that treat. Lately, Ive been eating 1/4 cup almonds and 2 little squares of special dark chocolate and it hits my craving.
    -Make sure to be as active as you can. Exercising, cardio and strength training. Do things you love to do and mix it up so you don't get bored.

Lastly, I say make sure you love and respect yourself. I found that the more I harp on the negative things about myself, the more I don't succeed in my weight loss. I want to stay positive. Every step forward, every pound loss is an accomplishment. Even when you have set backs and your weight fluctuates- keep on going and remember if you are treating your body right, it will do what you want it to.

I wish you the best!! :happy: