I didn't want to be a fat mom....

Well, hmmm, where to begin. I am a 36 (that can't be right????) year old mom of 3 lovely little girls. I have been trying to lose weight my whole life. I think my mom brought me to my first weight loss "meeting" when I was around 9 or 10. However, nothing seems to have worked yet. So here I am - yet again - trying something else. I am easily 100lbs overweight and I am really starting to notice that my body has had enough of carrying all this weight around. So, I am hoping I can stay focused and motivated and lose the weight this time! Looking forward to joining this journey with you!!!

Replies

• qrhs87
    qrhs87 Posts: 13
    Welcome to the site. I joined just about a week ago. Maybe we can do this together?
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Hi ! I'm 35, the mom of two boys (4 and 3) and a little girl (3 months). Like you, I have about 100 pounds to lose, and like you, I don't want to be a fat mom. Good luck!! This is a good site for information and encouragement. I have been having success this month even with the holidays. We can DO this :)

ETA: Just read the part about the first weight loss meeting at age 9 - me too!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Welcome! I'm also a mother (to 2 boys) and I understand your feeling! Welcome!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome! Im a momma of one boy (13 months). I too have been overweight most of my life, but that is changing NOW! This is a great site to help you reach your goals! Friend me if you like!
  • Congrats on the holiday weight loss! Those successes should count double or something! That is fabulous!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Take it slow and make small changes. Welcome and good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • welcome =) I started on tuesday and today is thursday and im addicted already. and you will get addicted too lol. we can do this together. the best of luck to you.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Welcome! I know how you feel, and I have three little ones too! Good luck! We are all here to support each other in reaching our goals!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    You can do this! Good luck to you!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    I didnt want to the fat mom either.. My son is 10 and my daughter is 14 months. Welcome, I have been here since May, I love it here, it has totally worked for me.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    I am a mom of three and have over 100 lbs. to loose. You could add me as a freind if you like. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    I am a mom of three and have over 100 lbs. to loose. You could add me as a freind if you like. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    I'm a mom of two with about 50 lbs to lose. I've enjoyed this site so far-- tracking what I eat is sooooo much easier than it was on the WW site. I do find that they overestimate calories burned, but otherwise have no complaints. Feel free to add me as a friend! :smile:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    36 heck you're young try 44 =)

Anyway, you can definitely do it via this site. We all know MFP works, just look at the success stories. Just log your food day in and day out, and forgive yourself if you make missteps from time to time. Weight loss is not a straight line down. Just get back on the horse and keep going.

Feel free to add me if you want someone to motivate and encourage you.
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    I am a 36 year old mother of four, and I'm tired of being fat too! You can do it. I just joined, but I have been inspired by so many people here.
  • Welcome! I am a momma of one little girl (10 almost 11 months old) and am trying to get back to where I was before I got pregnant. This is my second attempt (my first was over the summer) and it seems to be sticking! I wish you luck! I know you can do it! Feel free to add me if you would like! :)
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 238 Member
    Hey there - I'm a 34 year old mom of 3 kiddos and I need all the support I can get. I'm here to help you too!! Let's do this together! Add me if you want!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    You can do it! Its crazy how much logging works, IF you stick to it. And you would be amazed at how much you can still eat =) Go girl!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Heya :) I also refuse to believe that being a mother is a valid reason for not taking care of yourself. I have two young boys (5 &1) and I'm doing this because I believe a happy mom = happy kids.
  • Good Luck mama!!! This site is really working for me! I'm almost 41 with 3 kids. My youngest will be 2 in April. I gained over 50 lbs with him and just never lost it. I'm finally getting busy, and just today I got into a pair of pre pregnancy jeans!