Christmas Day

Options
T0M0
T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
So what's every ones food plans for Christmas day?.

Will you even be logging?,

Will you be treating yourself to a "cheat day / spike day" ?.

Will you be enjoying a little tipple of your favourite drink, a beer, a cocktail or a glass of wine with your Christmas dinner?.

Or are you super committed to the cause and will be treating the day like any other, counting your calories, logging your food and making sure you hit your target.

What about a Xmas day workout?

What ever your plans hope everyone has a super day and santa brings you all the gifts you wished for :smile:

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    So what's every ones food plans for Christmas day?.

Eat a buttload of anything I want.

Will you even be logging?,

Hell no.

Will you be treating yourself to a "cheat day / spike day" ?.

You could call it that. I call it being normal on a holiday.

Will you be enjoying a little tipple of your favourite drink, a beer, a cocktail or a glass of wine with your Christmas dinner?.
    No, but if I drank, I would.

What about a Xmas day workout?

Nope, deloading.
    What ever your plans hope everyone has a super day and santa brings you all the gifts you wished for :smile:
    You too!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I plan on freaking out about it. Seemed to work so well on Thanksgiving.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I have to admit, I've worked myself into a bit of a tiz about xmas. I'm so scared that I'll just over eat until I pop - which is generally what I do at xmas.

I really want to log everything, weigh everything etc and let it be a bit of a cheat day, but not an excessive one, know what I mean? That's my plan but I dunno, I'm really worried!
    I plan on freaking out about it. Seemed to work so well on Thanksgiving.

exactly!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what i want but try to not lose all control. I'll be logging everythnig not to try to keep under my allowance (as I will be waaaaay over!), but to keep it at the forefront of my mind, that I can't be how i used to be. It will be a day of good food and drinking though!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating and drinking just a little bit of it all with a nap thrown in as needed.
    Happy Holidays!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to log. I am 3 lbs under goal weight, I have racked up a 4000 deficit over the past month despite technically maintaining, and am over 1000 under for this week so far and it's only Thursday.

Weight isn't put on in a day, any more than it is lost in a day.

If I do log, I don't intend to stay under.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am going to live it up and drink eat and be merry.....Enjoy the day with my family!
    I deserve it:-) and not worry,it's only a day in the middle of many days of workouts and great healthy food:-)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My plan is just to eat what I like and enjoy the holiday with friends and family, I will log it just to be aware, but i'm certainly going to be well above 1200 calories, and i'm fine with that, a couple of days out of the year is not the end of the world as long as you get right back on track. I also will not be working out, likely for a few days as I will be out of town, but will perhaps get in a few walks.
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have not had a spike day since I started this so It's on ...........my grandma only cooks a few days a year so ...........

Happy Holidays everyone!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I plan to enjoy my day with my family, and eat what I want without stressing but hopefully not going to OTT. I'm not a huge drinker these days anyway but I will have a tipple, just to be socialble, ha!! I think life is too short to deny ourselves a day off at times like this, its when we do it the whole year round we're in trouble!!

Merry Christmas everyone, wherever you are :0)
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'll be staying around 1800 calories :(....Gotta save all those calories for a weeks worth of booze in vegas
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm logging out of curiosity, but eating & drinking whatever I feel like, and no workouts. It's once a year so I'm really not fussed.
  • rosieratbag
    rosieratbag Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat what i want but try to not lose all control. I'll be logging everythnig not to try to keep under my allowance (as I will be waaaaay over!), but to keep it at the forefront of my mind, that I can't be how i used to be. It will be a day of good food and drinking though!

^^ this
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on logging on Christmas Day. And Christmas happens to fall on a Sunday and that's my rest day from exercise. Not to mention I have a 3yr old who will be up super early to see what Santa brought then we have to go to Christmas breakfast then 2 other houses for Christmas. I plan on enjoying my day and the people I am spending it with along with the delicious food everyone is making! No guilt, just a worry free day! Same with New Year's Day!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas. I will be eating and drinking like I was just released from Prison (no kidding) and don't have a care in the world. I'll worry about it another day - I get that from Scarlett O'Hara
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I treat Christmas Day like I treat Thanksgiving Day -- quick add 2000-3000 calories and leave it at that.

I do plan to run in the morning though... only because I don't want to break my running schedule.
  • psmhirons
    Options
    Xmas day, I will log for curiosity, but wont care WHEN i go over :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I will log because I want to keep up the routine of doing so. I am also making small, healthy changes to the menu and will be watching my portions at dinner. That all said, I am still going to have a nice big piece of Medium Rare Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream sauce on the side and I am still going to have dessert. I have yet to go over my calories since I started here (day 20 as of today) so I have no worry about doing it for one day.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging, and there's more than just Christmas Day that I probably won't, starting tomorrow with a Christmas party I'm hosting, then Christmas Eve at a friend's. Just too difficult guessing with all the food other people make, etc. I plan to indulge but not lose all control. I'll be WAY over on Christmas Day because I won't be able to work out, and I plan to have whatever I want. I would love to get a run in in the morning, but with 2 young kids who will likely be up at the crack of dawn, that probably won't work. I want to be home when they wake up.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i dont log my food online, i keep a journal. :) ill write everything down out of curiosity (if i didnt eat soup when i got home on thanksgiving, i wouldnt have had 1000 calories). Ive already had pralines, rocky road fudge, and a white chocolate mocha. candy making is hard, and when i can enjoy the season by making and nibbling on 100 year old family recipes, i do. :D as for working out, not likely: xmas begins at 6am with my mom, open gifts and eat breakfast. Then 10minutes to my papaws for brunch. Then 1.5 hours to my dads for lunch, then 1.5 hours to my fiances family to dinner. We get home by about 1am. Im pretty useless the next day too, lmao! Now, the one thing i wont do: cocktails/eggnog/etc.....because i dont drink :)