To all you Garbage Pickers

Options
I will be the first to admit it. If i dont want to eat something I have to put it in trash. NOT only in trash but way down deeeeep. Under the gross stuff that smells! I have been known to go back to the garbage pull out the chips on top and eat them....NO WILL POWER!! I say we start a Garbage Pickers support group!! What is your WORST-Weakest moment story?? My little group of MFP friends and I have been talking about this lately and I wanted to know if there are more of us out there....dont lie...you know you have done it.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You could save money by just not buying it
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I can honestly say I haven't.

What A boring life I lead being a germaphob :)
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    **stupid double post**
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    gross
  • bh12058
    bh12058 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to admit... I pulled out my sons burrito that he threw in... it was right on top... no germs, right ????
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this an episode of Seinfeld?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    You could save money by just not buying it

I don't think we've progressed to that level of sensible yet. Don't rush.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I have to admit... I pulled out my sons burrito that he threw in... it was right on top... no germs, right ????
    Yeah, clean as a toilet seat. Bon appetite :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this an episode of Seinfeld?
    The eclair that was "above the rim" and "still had the doily"!

eclair.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah, MythBusters busted the five second rule in '05.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i honestly have never been that hungry.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I don't have :) I moderate everything so when I am carving for sweet I bake some moderated cake, if I want salty I make something salty :) I don't eat garbage I eat healthy :)
    Check out my site if you need some ideas, recipes.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options

Suprisingly, a toilet seat isn't as dirty as most people think. It's actually one of the cleanest serfaces in the home.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Suprisingly, a toilet seat isn't as dirty as most people think. It's actually one of the cleanest serfaces in the home.

TV Remote and Toothbrush are among the dirtiest.. and if you use a public bathroom use the first stall closest to the door, its the cleanest.

I have never ever picked food out of the garbage on top or otherwise.. I had a co-worker that would do it though, and sometimes it was the food I threw away. :sick:
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I have never been that hungry....eww!!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit it. If i dont want to eat something I have to put it in trash. NOT only in trash but way down deeeeep. Under the gross stuff that smells! I have been known to go back to the garbage pull out the chips on top and eat them....NO WILL POWER!! I say we start a Garbage Pickers support group!! What is your WORST-Weakest moment story?? My little group of MFP friends and I have been talking about this lately and I wanted to know if there are more of us out there....dont lie...you know you have done it.

I will admit it..Yes i have..not my proudest moment but hey...

I sent you a Youtube video..but i will post it here too

It is too funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xRAju32tc
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've never done it for food, but have for a pack of cigarettes I intended to quit.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options

In fact, cleaner than the inside of most people's mouths
  • Wasn't this an episode of Seinfeld?
    The eclair that was "above the rim" and "still had the doily"!

eclair.jpg

haha i remember this episode. but seriously uh ew?
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I will shamelessly admit I have done this and pass no judgement on people who pass judgement on us because they have never felt the panic of realizing there was some perfectly good food in the trash.