Prediabetic and No Motivation to Exercise

Options
I need help I am 27 year old SAHM of two small under age 1 and 2.5 years old. My youngest just turned 1 about two weeks ago and I was recently diagnosed with being Prediabetic and with High Cholesterol. I am overweight at 220lbs, my goal is lose about 80lbs by the end of next year. However, I am really having problems getting motivated to exercise even through we just bought a treadmill. Honestly, part of me just has lost hope and doesn't even seem to care anymore. I need some help and some encouragement.

Replies

• Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    jwetter - I am also prediabetic - actually Insulin Resistant. When my blood sugars are out of whack, my emotions are too, and i can get very lethargic and depressed. So my suggestion is to start with daily logging of your food, really looking at your sugar levels. Increase the amount of protein you eat since it is a more sustained energy release. Make sure you leave room for small healthy snacks inbetween meals to keep your sugars level. In short order I bet you will find your mood elevated and your weight lowered. Feel free to friend me.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat low carb or eat as a diabetic and you will lose weight.
    Exercise so you feel good about yourself but don't force yourself to go on the treadmill if you don't want too.
    You can exercise with your kids, use them as dumbbells :) you can burn calorie and have fun at the same time.
    Lose weight for you and your children. They are too young and they need their mommy.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with being Prediabetic and with High Cholesterol. I am overweight at 220lbs

This should automatically be the motivation you need to get you going...

I could recommend things but I dont think you would take me seriously to be honest... but, for me, I dropped from a 250 down to a 112 on my Triglycerides, and it was done all with food eliminations.... my personal choice.

Even had the blessing of my doctors (yes, plural, I see three) and they called me so damn fast when the results came in, I swear they were getting ready to write an article! LOL!