Christmas...one year later w/pics

Options
mrsway
mrsway Posts: 88 Member
Every year my husband's company hosts a Christmas party at a really nice restaurant in town and they really go all out. Now I have always loved an reason to get all dressed up so this is something that I really look forward to. Last year though after we were ready I set up the camera and took a picture of us standing in front of out Christmas tree. I was mortified at how awful I looked. I new I had done all I could to make myself pretty, but all I could see was how fat I looked. Well, in the next couple of months I lost about 15 lbs, and finally in May I started my serious weight loss journey. I am thrilled though that I have had my husband along with me for this entire journey. He has been an amazing support system and he really keeps me motivated. Altogether now we have nearly lost as much weight as I weigh in the current picture. Merry Christmas everyone!

12-18-2010: my weight 225+
[img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/may5184/Weight Loss/12-18-10.jpg[/img]

12-17-2011: my weight 169, my husband down 94+lbs
[img]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/may5184/Weight Loss/12-17-11.jpg[/img]

Replies

• mah1120
    mah1120 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Y'all look good! Congratulations :-)
  • gwynb041109
    gwynb041109 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    THat is incredible. What steps have you taken? :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes!!! What a difference! Ya'll look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the purple dress!!!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    You're like two different people! You look wonderful, congratulations!!!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    You both look awesome! :bigsmile:
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    You both look wonderful! And may I say, several years younger!
  • mrsway
    Options
    THat is incredible. What steps have you taken? :)

We just really try to stick to our calorie/protein/fat/carb goals as the first step. Without that everything else falls off track. He works out at the gym for at least 30 pretty much 5 days a week and rides road or mountain bike as much as he can. I do ride road bike, but because of weather, travel, and illness I have been off it for a bit. I try to get in walks or hikes as much as possible, and thankfully I have a job that keeps me on my feet and moving pretty much all day long.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you both look wonderful!:drinker:
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You both look really good! Congrats and keep it up!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    YOu both look like totally different people!! Way to go!:bigsmile:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Holy COW! You guys look wonderful and I bet you feel fantastic! Excellent work, just fantastic!!!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love this! You both look GREAT!!!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    :happy: Are you sure it's the same couple? Amazing! :noway: :laugh: :drinker:
  • antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why you putting my personal face out there like that? LOL I don't really care. You're doing great babe, and I'm definitely proud of you!
  • candican
    Options
    That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys, you both look amazing!
  • mrsway
    Options
    Why you putting my personal face out there like that? LOL I don't really care. You're doing great babe, and I'm definitely proud of you!

Because it isn't just my success story! I knew you wouldn't mind, and I am just so proud of what we have accomplished together :heart:
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks like you got a 'new' hubby too!!!
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    Wow! You two look amazing! Awesome effort, and thanks for posting, it is so encouraging.
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What a smokin' hot couple! Congrats!
  • antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks like you got a 'new' hubby too!!!

What...she cheated on me???:brokenheart:

jk...it has been one hell of a year so much has changed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!