Christmas gift ideas for a guy (second date) - HELP!!!!

Options
marnijojo
marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
I know, I know...time is of the essence here....this is the deal:

Been on a couple of dates with this guy and while he did not give me flowers on our second date, he did present me with a Christmas card and gift at the end of our second date (a gift certificate to a spa).....so, I feel like a total schlep for not getting him anything!

I will be seeing him tomorrow and did pick up a card....but I have NO idea what to get him for a gift. Please help with any suggestions....quickly, please!! And, yeah, don't say 'flowers'.

Replies

• kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If he likes gadgets, a certificate to a gadget store, if he likes to read, one to a book store... that sort of thing is what I tend to do.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    Do you know what he likes? any interests he has mentioned? that would help you figure it out
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't get him a thing.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    How about a Starbucks gift card? Assuming he's down with coffee and tea and such.
  • marnijojo
    Options
    Do you know what he likes? any interests he has mentioned? that would help you figure it out

He does construction for a living, likes to cook (smokes meat, grill..guy cooking) and make wine. Is that enough to go on?
  • marnijojo
    Options
    Don't get him a thing.

Interesting....why?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

He does construction for a living, likes to cook (smokes meat, grill..guy cooking) and make wine. Is that enough to go on?
    You could always smoke meat for him.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, (as referenced in the above-posted nice gesture thread), gifts on second dates are creepy and trying to hard, and you will probably not get another date with someone because being nice is akin to attempted assault these days.
  • marnijojo
    Options
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    A coupon for a BJ, I'm sure he will cash it in? :smokin:
  • ukjamie
    ukjamie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You could give him a third date :) , a Christmas card with tickets to watch a film
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

You could always smoke meat for him.

baaazinnnnggg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You could give him a third date :) , a Christmas card with tickets to watch a film
    ^ This is a great idea.

My above response was a half-joke.
  • LydiaT69
    Options
    Only give him the card, he may not be expecting a gift because he gave you one.
  • adams7707
    Options
    Maybe some rubs or seasonings he could use when he's cooking? I know they have gift packs of sauces and things normally around this time.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A beej is a really nice second date present
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Tickets or coupons to go to see something, that you can do together, sounds like a good plan. Or a "coupon" for a homecooked meal.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Sorry -- it was obligatory. :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A beej is a really nice second date present

What if that's what you gave on your first date?