Hello New Here

Options
I've been posting on MFP for a few days now, but haven't officially introduced myself. I'm a 28 year old 5'5.5" female with 90 pounds to lose. I joined the gym about three weeks ago and have gone a few times. I'm working on getting back into the swing of working out and increasing the time of my workouts (currently I can only do 20 minutes or so before the major pain hits, but it's slooowly getting better). I'm also working on cleaning up my diet so I can consistently create a calorie deficit. All that fun stuff. If anyone has similar goals or is in the same boat as me, please add me! I'm trying to keep myself accountable.

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I want you to know that you are not invisible, and I wish you the best on your weight loss travels.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqh1nqNLFn1r25scio1_500.jpg
  • Txogie
    Txogie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat a few years ago. Lost 50 pounds. I found that just reducing portions and walking got me on the road to success. Lost about a pound a week at first. That didn't seem to hard, so I started walking more and cleaning up my diet. As the pounds came off, I found myself more and more motivated. I was doing it so I would feel better physically and mentally about myself. Now I lift hard 3 days a week and make sure that I walk about 6 miles a day. The mileage does not have to be all at once. Just do consistent short walks and they will add up.

You can do this!!! Just keep it simple, don't over think things and don't get mad when you slide backwards or hit a plateau, because these will happen!
  • bpotts315
    bpotts315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I also want to loss 90 lbs. I have lost 12 since the weekend after Thanksgiving by :
    1. staying close to 1200 calorides;
    2. limiting dairy and sugar and white rice and white flour
    3. eating fish; whole grains and vegetables
    3. walking at least 30 minutes about four days and on weekends about 60 or more minutes.
    4. drinking 6 or more glasses of water a day

It has not been hard. Good luck!:happy:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar position as you. I'm a bit shorter than you, but the exercise and eating thing I really have the same thing with. This site is doing a great job of keeping me accountable. :)