Eat Right for your Blood Type...any thoughts?

Options
I've been at a plateau for awhile and am starting to feel a bit antsy about what to do next to my diet. I don't really consider this a fad diet and am curious about it. If anyone has tried/still using it. Love it or hate it... I'd love your input!

Thanks,

Emily

Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tried this and it worked for her. She felt better too. She was o- I think and ate red meat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There was a post earlier from a guy that said he had great success with it. He provided a link and for my type it listed all the foods I eat most as foods I should avoid.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    SWITCHING UP DIET IS A GREA WAY TO SEE CHANGE. LET ME KNOW WHAT WORKS!!!
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    people who experience success with it probably experience the success just because they are changing their diet and maybe adding some confusion to their body - or they weren't dieting before and now they are. I've been sitting here for a bit trying to think of any reason why you would have to eat specifically for one blood type and I can't think of anything.

You could get all of your genetics from dominant genes on your mothers side, but your dad happens to be AB pos and your mother is O- so you would be AB+ with all of your mothers metabolic traits. The only time with blood type has any real effect on someone outside of transfusions is in pregnant mothers and I remember a random fact in a pathology class about a link between O- and gastric lymphoma (though there was a debate over the geography of the study).

I haven't read anything on the diet so I dunno - but I mean hey, it's always good to switch it up and try some new stuff so I hope it works out :D
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    There's no scientific evidence to support the claims.
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. I just looked up my diet if I were to do this and I'd be a red meat girl apparently... Obviously I have no experience with this but it doesn't seem harmful because you're eating healthy, whole foods. Try it for a month and see how it goes! Just make sure your diet is balanced and you're getting plenty of water and exercise.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Thats my mothers Bible.

It works well for her shes very healthy and has lost a lot of weight.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Thats my mothers Bible.

I have the book from a few years back. I tried it and still look at my "not to eat" list for my blood type from time to time.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You've been at this since October and have lost 18 pounds! You seem to be doing fantastic! Just make sure you're eating different things and trying different exercise routines. =]
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Thats my mothers Bible.

I have the book from a few years back. I tried it and still look at my "not to eat" list for my blood type from time to time.

I looked at it and I think its an amazing concept. And the foods are all healthy ones that also give into things you might crave(like for me its salty foods)

However, I have not been able to follow it like my mother has. I wish my mom would get on MFP, she is so into being healthy now. She's my hero.