Calories ingested = calories burned? Need some advice and he

Options
Ok. I just want to know if this differs from person to person or if there is a middle. If you eat a certain amount of calories in a day, say you meet yours, mine is 1200. Do you need to burn at least half that? I do martial arts about twice a week and burn about 600 calories when I do it. And I plan on burning just about that much, in the near future when I have regular workouts.

I'm learning on days I do my Kung Fu or any workout that I will burn 500-600 calories, I need to eat something beforehand that has just as much as that. I think it will help me. Especially since recently I nearly passed out...

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Ooh girl make sure you're eating!

Here's what you do. Log in your exercise as well. That will tell you how many calories you burned. Those calories are calories you should be eating. Maybe not all of them, but AT LEAST 1/3 of them.

If you're eating 1200 calories you're already in a deficit that will cause you to lose weight. Do too much exercise on top of that and your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose.

Exercise calories = more food for you to eat.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    Ooh girl make sure you're eating!

Here's what you do. Log in your exercise as well. That will tell you how many calories you burned. Those calories are calories you should be eating. Maybe not all of them, but AT LEAST 1/3 of them.

If you're eating 1200 calories you're already in a deficit that will cause you to lose weight. Do too much exercise on top of that and your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose.

Exercise calories = more food for you to eat.

Thanks this helps, I know I gotta eat at least 1/3 of the calories I've burned. Yeah I log all my workouts. I'm think maybe I didn't eat well enough this Tuesday? I had to bow out and sit down since I felt light headed and my rib cage felt tight after 25 "knee jumps." My chief instructor came up to me asked if I ate and when was the last time. Once I felt better I jumped back in but the next day I felt kinda sick.
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    bump
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    bump/ sorry double post
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling dizzy and/or sick/faint at any point then it may be time for a check up with your doctor xx
  • Seamoan87
    Options
    I would if I could. My Wonder Woman exam is coming up soon and I'm not back on my health insurance just yet. I really want to see a doctor but I think the feeling dizzy or light headed comes from being in a room with many other people. They open the doors but eh.

Also the blue belt training is much more amped than the green belt so I think working out that hard might be why I had that happen.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    You should be netting at least 1200 calories a day. If you've eaten 1200, and you burn 600, then you need to eat those 600 back. You will start to lose muscle if you create such a large deficit.