We need some lovin'

Options
hypotrochoid
hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
So to all you parents out there, who are working hard to take care of your spawnage, I salute you. It's a hard road, filled with unsolicited advice and ungrateful little moochies, but hopefully in the end they'll be productive, happy members of society who won't require too much therapy.

To the Mums and Dads! :drinker:

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I've got two boys, 6 & 8. The only thing I need to know how to do is referee.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My mother was not perfect, but she worked her *kitten* off for me and still loves me to death. I strive to be half the parent she is.
  • Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    With you on the unsolicited advice, amazing how many people feel the need to share their opinion on virtually every child care topic out there! :ohwell:

I should add; some of it has been very helpful on rough days though, definitely not complaining!:tongue:
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Here,here! :drinker:

To the most difficult, albeit quite handsomely rewarding, job in the world! And to the childless twits who *think* they can do it better!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    *double post
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Haha nice post, OP. Definitely with you on the "ungrateful little moochies" bit ... I love and appreciate my parents, but this whole "get up and travel" part of the holidays has me irked that THIS is the way my parents want me to show my filial duty. :sad:

Can't wait for the day I get to dump MY kids in THEIR laps and say "HERE! Have at 'em!"
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Indeed!! My mom raised three sh**heads and we came out ok. I now have 5 boys, 2 bio and 3 foster. They are 14,12,7,6,5. Good Times!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids but I chuckled at spawnage...... My ex-wife had a box of clothing and toys that was the "Spawn Box".... LOL
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I have three ungrateful boys. 23,22,15.

The oldest two seem to have some entitlement issues. They feel as if I owe them. The oldest only comes around when he needs cash. The middle child thinks it is my responsiability to figure out his life problems, oh and he has an alcohol problem he wont admit up to. The youngest feels everytime I get something or his dad does he should too! But yet he shouldn't have to earn by doing household chores.

Why my boys turned out to be such turds I have no clue!......LOL
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Cheers. I have three boys and call mine demon spawn. There are awfully cute though!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Cheers. I have three boys and call mine demon spawn. There are awfully cute though!

They *have* to be cute. It's a survival thing. It's saved my daughter's life many a time- "What?? You drew all over your floor with permanent marker? And tried to shave the dog??? You evil, little..."

Child looks up with huge, Puss in Boots eyes- "I love you Mommy."

.... She lives on.
  • scs143
    Options

They *have* to be cute. It's a survival thing. It's saved my daughter's life many a time- "What?? You drew all over your floor with permanent marker? And tried to shave the dog??? You evil, little..."

Child looks up with huge, Puss in Boots eyes- "I love you Mommy."

.... She lives on.

I always say-- God ain't stupid. He made you all cute, so you could live.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I just need to get a lesson from a lawyer on how to properly win an argument with a 4 year old and all will be good

Thanks for the post :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Spending a couple weeks with my parents right now! They are the bestest. I thank them for not drowning me in the bathtub. :drinker:
  • scs143
    Options
    I just need to get a lesson from a lawyer on how to properly win an argument with a 4 year old and all will be good

Thanks for the post :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I am a lawyer and I can't win one with my 7 year old. And I argue daily in court. So I think you are SOL.
  • soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious... I have 3 girls (5, 3, 2)....and they aren't quite demon spawn yet...I'm sure they will be...ha ha ha!!!!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My thing is I know more than my kids..and until they can manage their life..I will continue to do so. The reins will be turned over whether they are 18 or 28..since each child develps maturity differently..
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Cheers to the parental units. We come in all shapes, sizes and relationship statuses.

Keep up the good work!!

Katie