Checking in from sunny florida

Hello all,

checking in from Naples, Florida (in the southwest side of the state across from Miami). It's time for me to lose some weight and get in shape. :bigsmile:

Goals: lose 60 lbs of fat (or get to 12% bodyfat or less -- i dont have an exact number on pounds of fat in me, but its too many)

Goals 2: make exercise an integral part of my life to maintain weight loss.

Benefits: a faster car (60 lbs can translate to 0.1 seconds in a drag race, which i occasionally do) and who doesn't want to look good? :blushing:

Replies

• Hello all,

checking in from Naples, Florida (in the southwest side of the state across from Miami). It's time for me to lose some weight and get in shape. :bigsmile:

Goals: lose 60 lbs of fat (or get to 12% bodyfat or less -- i dont have an exact number on pounds of fat in me, but its too many)

Goals 2: make exercise an integral part of my life to maintain weight loss.

Benefits: a faster car (60 lbs can translate to 0.1 seconds in a drag race, which i occasionally do) and who doesn't want to look good? :blushing:
  • YAY another Floridian! :laugh: I'm in the Tampa Bay area

Anyways welcome and good luck :happy:
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome:smile:

It's raining here on the west coast:sad:
  • Welcome & Goodluck. :happy: I'm sure this site will be great help to you! I've been using it for two weeks and dropped a good few pounds already.
    I'm also in Florida not far from Orlando. I'm not a native though. I'm a Brit :tongue:
    All the best!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • sunflower8926
    Ha! I shouldn't have bad-mouthed the rain! Now it's snowing! Silly weather!:grumble:
  • Where are you sunflower? I used to live in Mammoth Lakes once upon a time.

And thanks everyone for the welcoming :smooched:
  • sunflower8926
    I'm just up from Seattle, WA , but in Canada:smile:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a great site for motivation and help..

Good luck on your journey..

BTW - it is cold (and has been for way, way, way too long) up here in CT...:frown: :frown:

but I do like to hear about better weather, even if it makes me a tad jealous..:grumble:

jb
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Welcome, and Good Luck!!!!

I'm from the Pensacola area (although I dont live there anymore and my parents moved a few years ago :sad: ), But I have family that live down in Sarasota and Venice!