Need recipe for 500 calorie dinner

Options
Preferably something low in fat and with chicken as it is the only meat I eat. Any help would be awesome..I am getting tired of the same thing day in and day out. Oh yeah, no spice for me either just garlic and pepper. No salt either :)

Replies

• smcintosh
    Options
    Preferably something low in fat and with chicken as it is the only meat I eat. Any help would be awesome..I am getting tired of the same thing day in and day out. Oh yeah, no spice for me either just garlic and pepper. No salt either :)
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How about cutting the chicken onto strips, dipping in flour, then egg whites then in a mixture of italian seasonings, breadcrumbs and parmesan or romano cheese. Put them on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray, then spray the tops of the strips bake at 400 for 20min. turning once, and use your favorite marinara sauce for dipping. You could have whole wheat pasta on the side. I'm not good writing out recipes but you could find a recipe for this that would be easier to read, I'm sure!
    Good Luck!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options

If you don't mind me asking, why no spice? Salt I understand but spice? (most) spices are good for you and sometimes can can help you with your weight loss.
  • smcintosh
    Options
    lol I don't like spices other then garlic and pepper....just a preference more then anything
  • srenshaw
    Options
    Cheesy Chicken Casserole
    Yield: 6 servings

1 8oz pkg light cream cheese -softened
    1 10-3/4 oz can reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
    2 c Chicken, cooked and cubed
    1/3 c Parmesan cheese
    1/8 t Garlic powder
    1 1/2 c Skim milk
    1 16oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables thawed (although my family prefers it with just peas)
    1 c Quick-cooking brown rice
    1/4 t Pepper
    1 T Roasted wheat germ (optional)

Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, soup, and milk until well blended. Add garlic powder, pepper, half the parmesan, and uncooked rice. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables over the top.

Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Stir. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and the wheat germ. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes more or till heated through.

Nutrition Info: 333 calories; 16 grams fat; 22 grams carbohydrates;
    84 mg cholesterol
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    lol I don't like spices other then garlic and pepper....just a preference more then anything

Oh okay, sorry for being nosy! My friend was on this diet that didn't allow spices and it was WHACK so I just wanted to make sure :happy:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    - Cook and slice chicken and serve over salad
    - Chicken Fajitas (do you like lime? Just marinate chicken in olive oil, lime and pepper then BBQ with bell pepper and onion)
    - Chicken Stir Fry (they have stir fry veggies ready chopped at the store, or you can buy your own. If you like, use low sodium soy sauce, but you can just stir fry in olive oil, pepper and garlic.)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    How about cutting the chicken onto strips, dipping in flour, then egg whites then in a mixture of italian seasonings, breadcrumbs and parmesan or romano cheese. Put them on cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray, then spray the tops of the strips bake at 400 for 20min. turning once, and use your favorite marinara sauce for dipping. You could have whole wheat pasta on the side. I'm not good writing out recipes but you could find a recipe for this that would be easier to read, I'm sure!
    Good Luck!

That sounds tasty! Thanks
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry.
    you need,

chicken breast (cubed into about 1 inch cubes)

pea pods, shredded broccoli, shredded carrots, bean sprouts,
    unsalted peanuts, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts,
    peppers, onions. All shredded or sliced
    (obviously, all of these veggies are optional depending on what you like)

a HALF tablespoon of lite soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
    dice up some garlic (I use LOTS of garlic), and a little bit of hot pepper or
    italian spices if you like them.

Throw the chicken and oil in the wok until cooked, then throw everything else in with
    the heat on high and stir vigorously for about 5 to 8 minutes (depending on how much you make).

delicious, low cal, has just about every macronutrient you need all in one easy to make dish.

total cooking time (including preparation...15 to 20 minutes.)
  • smcintosh
    Options
    SHB any idea of the caloric breakdown of that recipe