Half way there! ~50lbs lost, ~50lbs to go

Options
I'm 5'8" and 27 years old. In September 2010, I started trying to lose weight at ~280lbs and by September 2011, I was weighing in at 225-230lbs (I stopped weighing regularly at that point).

Comparison photo is below; I didn't do an official "before" picture, just pulled one from a vacation a few years ago.

Like half of America, I'm starting up a new way of eating on January 1st. But unlike most of America, I'll be cutting out all grains, sugar and dairy. I'M GOING PRIMAL! I've experimented a bit with the primal lifestyle for the last few weeks and I'm super excited to go at it 100%.

I hope I'm posting another pic in the next few months with my "goal" picture!

Before-Aug09_After-Sept11.jpg

*edit: anyone else cringe when they look at their "before" pictures? I can't believe I was that big sometimes! It's like I can see the real me hidden in there behind the double chins. My mom has said, "you look like you again!" I feel the same way!

Replies

• Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Great job, you've made serious progress and should be proud of yourself, keep up the good work xx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    NICE JOB!!!

Im almost 70lbs down, I have almost 70lbs to go... so I definitely can relate!!

Keep up the great work!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Excellent! We'll be looking for that goal pic! (no pressure, of course) :smile:
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep pushing hard!!!
  • morethanlilies
    Options
    Great job, you've made serious progress and should be proud of yourself, keep up the good work xx

Thanks so much!
  • morethanlilies
    Options
    Excellent! We'll be looking for that goal pic! (no pressure, of course) :smile:

Hey, if I'm being honest, I need the pressure haha! That was 90% of the reason I joined MFP. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • othiym
    Options
    Great job! Your stats are eerily similar to mine too! I'm just coming up on my 50 lb/halfway mark and 5'9. you are carrying it really well!
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to "looking like me again!"

Great work!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    wowza, you look amaze!!! astonished!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation! Congratulations!
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    well done, what an awesome effort. you are looking great, keep up the good work
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look fantastic!! Also, I love the longer hair....I think it's very becoming on you
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hey thats fantastic, my story is quite similar. Started here at 289lbs, 5ft 8, 26 years old. Now down to 224lbs. I'd still like to lose about another 84lbs (well maybe now that much, the number will prob change as i get closer). Like you i'm gonna get stuck in after Xmas. 2012 will be our year!!!!!!!! Lol. :laugh:
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look great! I really think it looks as though you've lost more than 50! Keep it up!!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! BTW, I guess you consider my diet "primal" as well. I eat no flour, sugars, or dairy and I feel WONDERFUL! I'm about halfway to my goal weight as well.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! BTW, I guess you consider my diet "primal" as well. I eat no flour, sugars, or dairy and I feel WONDERFUL! I'm about halfway to my goal weight as well.
  • fzia
    fzia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great work!

To answer you question yes In fact sometimes I cry because I can't believe I ever let myself get that big in the first place. It also serves as a remminder of what I Do NOT want to go back to.

Thank you for sharing, you look Fabulous :flowerforyou:
  • peacejoyandhappiness
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT! MUCH MORE SUCCESS TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY! CONGRATS THUS FAR! BEAUTIFUL SMILE TOO!
  • morethanlilies
    Options

Awesome! Thanks! I'm looking forward to switching things up; I've experimented enough that I notice a marked difference between sugar/grain/dairy eating versus none of those things. Congrats on your loss so far, keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!