Protein powder recipes, please!

Options
stephabef
stephabef Posts: 936 Member
Tiring of my protein shakes, adding it to Greek yogurt and oatmeal. What else should I do with my protein powder?

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I use 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of water, 6-8 frozen strawberries. Blend in my magic bullet. Great to go for breakfast. keeps me full until lunch!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    try steel cut oat meal. fresh fruit. peanut butter. instant coffee. and..hmm what else have i see. 9-9 idk...thats just some stuff off the top of my head :D
  • levesunt
    Options
    http://samishealthy.tumblr.com/post/12966626039/mini-protein-breakfast-cake-chocolate-peanut
    I usually just do a half scoop of protein powder, 1T cocoa powder, 3T egg whites, 1T milk, and a mashed banana. It's soo yummy!!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yuum! I might sub some almond butter for the banana, but I definitely want to try that protein muffin idea!!
  • levesunt
    Options
    I usually add some on top. Yesterday I put a few marshmallows in there too. It totally replaces dessert.
    Oh, and you might want to cut down the microwave time. A minute 30 should be enough. It just depends on your microwave and the settings.
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do scoop of protein powder (Whole Foods-chocolate), almond milk, some peanut butter, a banana and ice cubes in blender. Yummy, like a chocolate milk shake!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I use soy butter it tastes just like peanut butter, I use pea protein also really frothy mix in coffee flavors capella drops, torani syrups
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mix it with pudding (regular or sugar free). Can also whip in Cool Whip for a "mousse".
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Tiring of my protein shakes, adding it to Greek yogurt and oatmeal. What else should I do with my protein powder?

I always blend mine with crushed ice and milk...and I blend it for about 4 minutes so it gets super thick. If I am feeling naughty I will add a spoon of nutella as well.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You can add it to oats and milk for pancakes too. I mix it with yoghurt and use it as a topping for museli or fruit (I use vanilla).

Banana, cinnamon, youghurt , agave/honey and soy/cow milk is nice too.
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do one serving of vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened, 1/2 to 1 TBL. Splenda (or whatever you like), 1 cup of coffee (cold), and 6 or 7 ice cubes. Blend and enjoy for your morning iced coffee.
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    1 cup plain protein powder, 1 cup cheese, enough fluid to make a dough (italian dressing is nice), and whatever spices. Pat onto parchment paper, bake at 350 and it makes a good flat bread or pizza crust.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Iso Pure Zero Carb the best I have ever bought and I have tried many not chalky and taste very good . There is to much sugar in Smooths
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein waffles:

Ingredients
    Generic - Egg Raw - Large, 1 large
    Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon
    Target-- Market Pantry - Belgian Waffle Mix, 1/3 c. dry mix(47g) about one 7'' waffle prepared
    Costco - Cytosport (Muscle Milk) - 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 3 scoop
    One serving is 2 waffles, produces 6
    total cals: 999 Protein: 93 Carbs: 43 Sugar: 11 Fat: 51
    Per Serving Cals: 333 Protein:31 Carbs: 14 Sugar: 4 Fat: 17
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love my protein powder. Although I do get an expensive kind, but it tastes much better than Slim Fast or the other store brands I have tried.
    If you are using soy, though do not cook it with the oatmeal. Cooking the soy will cancel all of the isoflavones that are good for you.

I enjoy mixing my protein with 1/2 cup of skim milk and 1 cup fruit of your choice. It makes a delicious smoothie! That is one of my favorite treats. I made one with frozen raspberries today and it was almost like raspberry sorbet. The other option is adding some fresh fruit or granola along with your protein and yogurt then you have a tasty parfait.

One of my friends has a really good faux fudge recipe. I will see if I can get it.
  • norcalbeezy
    norcalbeezy Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I make protein pancakes super easy and quick to make!

■1 cup raw oats
    ■1 scoop Protein Powder
    ■3 egg whites
    ■1/4 cup water
    ■1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    ■2 packets sweetener
    ■1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
    2. Pour onto a hot grill and cook like a normal pancake.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 TB PB2 (powdered peanut butter - www.bellplantation.com)
    1 TB cocoa powder

Or

Cocoa Berry Smoothie

1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    2 TB cocoa powder

Nom nom nom!!!!!

I also like to put 2 TB of wheat germ in my protein shakes to add fiber, folic acid and vitamin E :)
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I scoop of whey protein (fruity flavored one)
    2 cups spinach
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/4 cup frozen strawberries

*Blender needed
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I use my chocolate whey protein dry and dip bananas in it. Kinda different but tastes good. Or I mix it with plain Greek yogurt, tastes like chocolate pudding.