Losing weight to get pregnant again??

Options
Okay, I got my macbook serviced, so I am back!! I am looking to lose around 20 lbs before we start trying for baby #2 in the Spring. Anyone else trying to lose baby weight to get pregnant again? Anyhow, just saying hey and reintroducing myself. I weigh around 175 right now and would like to get down to the low 150s before trying to conceive again. My goal is to try having babies 22-24 months apart. Kind of in a rut right now because I fell and sprained my ankle yesterday. No fun!! It means lots of computer time, though. Anyhow, hope everyone's having a good day and a fun holiday season!

Replies

• mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight to get pregnant, but this'll be my first. Anybody else?
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    This is not my main goal, but once I get down where I'd like to be, I'd love to get preggo again asap.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Not me...but I: wanted to tell you it is a very smart idea to do it this way. I was a little bit overweight to begin with before I had kids. Plus my oldest 2 kids are only 18 months apart and I didn't lose much weight before I got pregnant with baby #2. So, needless to say I had quite a bit to lose. After baby number 2 and after TONS of effort I got down to a healthy weight but it seemed to take f-o-r-e-v-e-r. THEN we decided to have baby #3. The weight was so much easier to lose after baby #3 because I didn't have all the "extra" weight to lose.

For me personally the more weight you have to lose the more UN-motivated you are to do it. I would rather have to lose small amounts of weight after each pregnancy than one large sum. I think this is why I am already a couple pounds below pre pregnancy weight and my baby is only 5 months old. Good luck ladies:flowerforyou: .
  • TiredOfBeingFAT130
    Options
    ME! It isn't my #1 reason for losing weight, but, we would like to TTC again in October and I would like to get down to a healthy weight by then. I know that we will only be having two kiddos... and because my next pregnancy will be my last, I want to enjoy it as much as possible. With my daughter, I just looked extra fat... I never had that cute round belly because I was 256lbs while pregnant. With my next one, I want a baby bump! I want people to KNOW I am pregnant! :)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    ME! It isn't my #1 reason for losing weight, but, we would like to TTC again in October and I would like to get down to a healthy weight by then. I know that we will only be having two kiddos... and because my next pregnancy will be my last, I want to enjoy it as much as possible. With my daughter, I just looked extra fat... I never had that cute round belly because I was 256lbs while pregnant. With my next one, I want a baby bump! I want people to KNOW I am pregnant! :)

I already have 3 kids, and I've been overweight with all of them - and you totally just hit it on the head. Part of me wants to try again for a girl (I have 3 boys), part of me does not ($$)...but if we do, I WANT A BABY BUMP, DARN IT!! I want to be able to take those cute maternity pictures (of course photoshopping out my stretchmarks!)...but to look pregnant, not just heavier.

12071759.png
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    One of my goals when I started 6 weeks ago was to lose weight before TTC our first. I'm over halfway to my goal, I'm back in the healthy BMI range (15 pounds down - ~13 to go) and am now happy to start trying and just see what happens.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    One of my goals when I started 6 weeks ago was to lose weight before TTC our first. I'm over halfway to my goal, I'm back in the healthy BMI range (15 pounds down - ~13 to go) and am now happy to start trying and just see what happens.
    Wow, you're doing great. Good luck!
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I was having a demotivated day today. Felt like it's all going toooo slowly!! Thank you for the reality check :)