What should I choose from this menu ...

Options
I'm going to a work lunch today at a bistro.

I'm planning on going over today because my partner and I are putting on a dinner party tonight. I'd prefer to keep lunch sensible since I'll be going over tonight.

I LOVE chips (fries) and almost every meal on this menu has chips with it! I like nachos too.

What would you get from this menu if you were trying to minimise your calories for the day?

http://thetempohotel.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spring-menu-2011.jpg

Replies

• LyriByri
    Options
    Salads are always good. Or anything from the menu that doesn't have chips as a side.
    If it were me I'd get the Caesar Salad. :)
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow.. that's a lunch menu? Most of those look like dinner options.

I would say the margahrita pizza might be your best choice (no meat, less calories)....

Maybe just the baked potato? even with sour cream and cheese and bacon that would be 600-700 calories.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The garden salad...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    chicken for protein, drink water, and eat a salad to keep it light
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I would personally go for rogan josh.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Depends how hungry/rich I was feeling. The Steak looks good for the more indulgent option, the first salad (with dressing on the side) is probably the most sensible.

Enjoy! :)
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stick to a salad and lean protein (if they have any!) ;-)
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would go for the Tempo burger with no bun and a side salad instead of chips.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thanks for you suggestions!

Right now I'm thinking of the chicken and bacon sandwich with vegetables instead of the chips
  • BeachedBumm
    Options
    salads can be just as bad as entre's by the time you put the creamy dressings and bacon and cheese on it. Go for a fat free dressing something oil or vinegar based and light cheese and croutons. Personally I'd do the margharita pizza. Not a huge amount of calories considering its pizza and for under $8 I'm assuming its a small personal size.
  • angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow...what an menu!
    I'm positive I could live off of the arancini and the salt and pepper calamari. Delicious. However, I would suggest the Caesar salad, add chicken, with everything on the side. With bacon, egg, parmesan, and the dressing, that could add up to quite a bit of sodium. You're relatively safe with a nice salad, and that way you can really dig in at your party. Have fun!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that steak is always the best choice. You got your protein, great taste, and it is healthier than most people seem to think. No lose option.
  • Rayman79
    Options
    mmmmmmm...... steak..... homer-drool.jpg?w=540
  • BeachedBumm
    Options
    one dude to another.... dont be the "salad guy" when its a work function.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I would probably go for the lamb or the steak with no sauces.
  • Rayman79
    Options
    I get what youre saying, but that's part of the big problem in that we don't want to be seen eating healthier foods because it's not manly to be healthy.

Personally I don't give a fat rats cracker what people think of what I order, I'm confident enough with colleagues and friends to make a healthier choice. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not going to order a bowl of lettuce with everything on the side. That just makes you look like a d-bag! :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The problem is that most salads are really not the better option and people will blindly chose it. Ceaser salad is usually one of the most fatting high calories things on a menu.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a work lunch today at a bistro.

I'm planning on going over today because my partner and I are putting on a dinner party tonight. I'd prefer to keep lunch sensible since I'll be going over tonight.

I LOVE chips (fries) and almost every meal on this menu has chips with it! I like nachos too.

What would you get from this menu if you were trying to minimise your calories for the day?

http://thetempohotel.com.au/wp-content/uploads/spring-menu-2011.

Curry dish, Lamb salad, burger without the chips. What are you wanting to eat?
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm craving nachos but I know that's a 1000+ calorie meal.

Perhaps a small steak with the chips substituted for vegetables is the right choice. I could do with the extra protein.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    you could always ask for something special...when i do that my husband calls me Meg Ryan!