Does everyone lose weight every week??

Options
Just wondering how long it is taking everyone to lose weight? I am keeping to my diet for the most part but I am struggling with the exercise part. I have had a lot going on at home with renos going on and haven't been able to get to the gym very much. So I only got in two wokouts last week, three the week before and none so far this week.

I did lose about 4.4 - 5 pounds in my first 1 week and a half but am wondering if it is going to slow right down since I haven't been working out so much.

Thanks everyone!:smile:

Replies

• danigirlmck
    danigirlmck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how long it is taking everyone to lose weight? I am keeping to my diet for the most part but I am struggling with the exercise part. I have had a lot going on at home with renos going on and haven't been able to get to the gym very much. So I only got in two wokouts last week, three the week before and none so far this week.

I did lose about 4.4 - 5 pounds in my first 1 week and a half but am wondering if it is going to slow right down since I haven't been working out so much.

• emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    a lot people have a big drop at the beginning and then it tapers off. don't get discouraged if that happens. just stick with your plan! slow and steady wins the race...:flowerforyou:
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    for the last two months I have only lost every other week or so, it happens, keep your head up!:flowerforyou:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Same for me - I've been losing 4-5 pounds a month. As long as it keeps coming off :smile:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its only .2 of a lbs but I am greatful that at least it is a loss. I am down to the last 8lbs so it has slowed waaaayy down.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    My weight tends to fluctuate (pretty wildly some weeks of the month - LOL).

As others have mentioned, it really is a long term process. If you are sticking to the calories allotted and getting at least some exercise in, you will see the results - but not always every week.

Best to concentrate on changing the bad habits and watch the weight come off gradually - that's how you manage to keep it off..

Some of the sticky note posts may help give you sound advice as well..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Good luck.. jb
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I do not lose every week anymore. I lost 40 pounds in 4 months then past 2 have lost 11 - much slower loss but I am still losing!

Feb 28 is 6 months for me.
  • batc
    batc Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been watching my calorie in-take (2000 a day) and commiting to 1 hour a day exercise (1000 min. burn) since Jan.2,09 and have lost 38 pounds. I often dont even use all my calories (avg 1600 a day) It truly is about accountability, If you eat what you burn after you work out plus your daily calories your results may not be, but only invain. It is truly simple math, if you spend your time at the gym as hard as it may be to get there why would you want to eat the difference when your commitment is to loose weight by going there, not to beable to eat more. Thats what got all of us here in the 1st place. It took me 1 year to learn what I was doing or not doing right. Hang in there you will figure it out. Good luck to you
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    Defiantly not. I am only trying to loose about seven more pounds. So its a slow process about one pound every two weeks. But measuring myself every week shows results better.
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    this is my 3rd week i lost 2 the first and 2 the next but noting this week . im so cofused about my calories do i eat the work out cals. or not . im doing 1,200 cal and i im on the treadmill buring 250 -300 cal then i do 18 -20 min . weight traing..i log in all my food then i put in my work outs am i doing this wrong :grumble:
  • Samanimal83
    Samanimal83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    see below...
  • Samanimal83
    Samanimal83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been watching my calorie in-take (2000 a day) and commiting to 1 hour a day exercise (1000 min. burn) since Jan.2,09 and have lost 38 pounds. I often dont even use all my calories (avg 1600 a day) It truly is about accountability, If you eat what you burn after you work out plus your daily calories your results may not be, but only invain. It is truly simple math, if you spend your time at the gym as hard as it may be to get there why would you want to eat the difference when your commitment is to loose weight by going there, not to beable to eat more. Thats what got all of us here in the 1st place. It took me 1 year to learn what I was doing or not doing right. Hang in there you will figure it out. Good luck to you

What kind of work out are you doing to burn 1000 calories in an hour??? I can't even get close to that in an hour. I average 100 per 10 minutes, and that's at a run for me on the tredmill. HELP! =)
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It's funny you ask, 'cause I just had a let down this past week. I have been losing 2 lbs a week (only aiming for 1) and obviously have been so happy with the results. 7 lbs lost in the last 30 days, not bad. Then, this past week I gained 3 lbs, and just came apart.:sad:

I realized later that this occurs in tandem with my cycle...which I hadn't had in months due to nursing the baby. So sometimes you might gain weight and it may or may not be through any fault of your own. I am keeping an eye on clothing. I try to keep at least one piece that is to small and that's how I do my goals. And also I won't be weighing the week before or during...sounds like a bit much, but I don't like to discourage myself unduely.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Bluh, no........today was my weigh in and nada. Oh well, better than gaining I suppose:sick:
  • ajasiak
    ajasiak Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i have been working out an hour a day mon - fri since 2-2-09 and only lost 5lbs im so mad
    HELP ME
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I lose between 2-7 pounds every week ...But I am also really into Cardio doing about 60-120+ minutes per day...I stick to a strict 1200-1400 calorie diet and watch my sodium intake and hardly eat processed foods.
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am really glad to see this post today, because I am feeling really down on myself lately. I have been tracking my food like crazy...I never go over. I jog every day and try to add in other exercising as time allows me to. But my progress has slowed way down from what it was in the beginning. I am trying no to get discouraged, but it is very hard for me!! Maybe I am just impatient or have unrealistic expectations, but I feel like I should be making more progress than I am. :cry:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Does everyone lose weight every week??

Heck no!:tongue:
    Just wondering how long it is taking everyone to lose weight?

I started Jan 5 on MFP and had 19 to lose. I have lost 6 pounds in 7 weeks.

Hmm...Actually that does sound bad. haha
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I was going very steady (a pound a week since november). Seems there is a slow down now. Last 2 weeks, very little weight loss.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Oops! I meant that "doesn't sound too bad"...in my previous post!