Found this to be helpful... From Alton Brown of Food Network

Options
I was reading that Alton Brown lost 50 pounds, and kept the weight off by following these simple rules...

Eat Every Day:
- Dark Leafy Greens
- Nuts
- Carrots
- Green Tea
- Whole Grains
- Fruits

Eat 3 Times Per Week:
- Yogurt
- Cauliflower
- Broccoli
- Sweet Potato
- Avocado
- Oily Fish
- Tofu

Eat 1 Time Per Week:
- Red Meat
- Desserts
- White Starchy Foods
- Alcohol

Avoid COMPLETELY:
- Soda
- Processed Foods
- Canned Soups
- "Diet" Anything

I'm gonna try to start following most of these tips and see how it works for me. Hope this was helpful to you all! Happy Holidays!

Replies

• returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Did you find this on the FoodNetwork site? It's a little different from the one he presents on the show.
    Have you followed it? Any luck?
    I like that it focuses on whole, nourishing foods. Thinking of giving it a try. Might have to find a substitute for the fish, though. I know Mr. Brown loves those little fish but I don't! : )
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I like to eat yogurt every day, but the rest sounds pretty good and easy to follow. I know one of weight loss foods was sardines (oily fish) and I think he ate it on bread with avacados? Sounds weird, but I'm pretty sure that was a meal for him.
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Very helpful info! Thanks!
  • ctrogdon
    ctrogdon Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these tips! I am always looking for tips to make a change in eating habits.
    :happy:
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    I love Alton Brown! Yeah I saw this episode and it seems like sound advice. I'm sure his three times a week foods are 'at least three times a week'. Targeting health and weight loss is usually a happy by product:drinker: