Get sick in the middle of eating.

Options
Has anyone ever had this happen? I'm on 1200 calories a day but most of the time I can't get to that number.

I start eating and halfway through I start feeling so sick on my stomach. (No I'm not pregnant) I usually have eggs with cheese for breakfast and then a snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Its usually lunch or dinner where I feel sick. Like today, I had breakfast this morning and had to go to school to work on a project I worked through the day so engulfed with what I was doing I didn't even think about food. When I got home I made a turkey sandwich and half way through I had to stop.

Just curious if anyone has experienced this before?

Replies

• xHarleyQuinnx
    Options
    I often tend to feel sick after I eat. I think a big part of it is anxiety. If you're worried about your weight or have any sort of anxiety toward food, illness, etc., it could cause you to feel sick. I would also advise seeing if it has to do with any type of food allergy you might have. I haven't been checked myself, but I've noticed that I feel a lot better when I don't eat eggs or dairy. Try spending a few days on very basic foods that are vegan friendly or even along the post-illness BRAT diet, very bland foods made up of pretty much nothing. See if you feel any less sick while eating those. If so, introduce something in like dairy and take a few days on that. If you still feel fine, add in eggs and go with that for a few days. Then meat. Also take note with foods containing gluten. If all else fails, I'd suggest checking with a gastroenterologist to see if it's your body and not the food. Hope you get better soon!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Only time I ever experienced that is when I was taking diet pills or had a stomach virus or food poisoning.
  • lovekck
    lovekck Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks Harley, I'll try that. I do notice it a lot when I'm eating meat. I'll bite into a piece of chicken or turkey and the taste just makes me so sick. Sometimes I'm completely fine...I think it happens when I eat a lot of something because I tried to eat vegan for about 3 weeks and sometimes when I would eat black beans I couldn't take another bite. Maybe it is some kind of anxiety...

And no stomach flu or diet pills here...this has been going on for years.

Thanks ladies :)