I'm about to fall off the wagon!!!

Options
OK-So I have been doing this (steadily) since January and have lost 10lbs up until now. For the last two weeks, everything in my life has come to a head and now I find myself staring at the girl scout cookies sitting in my pantry. I look for chocolate, candy, bread, anything to eat. So far, I haven't gained but I haven't lost in the last two weeks either.

Family, relationship, money issues are simply getting to be too much for me and I feel like I am standing at the edge of a cliff and I am about to fall off. Worst of all, I can't really talk to anyone about it because we live in a really small town and rumors spread fast. I put up this really great front but inside I am just falling apart. Don't get me wrong, I am usually a very optimistic person but I have been in one bad ride over the last two and a half years, and while I have worked hard to try to improve things, nothing I have done has worked out. Now I am looking at the rest of this year and I wonder how much longer this will go on for. But most of all, how much longer before I have a breakdown!!:explode:

I am simply just beginning to lose my motivation to the point that I don't even want to get up in the morning. Anyway, I am just venting:grumble:

Replies

• justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    OK-So I have been doing this (steadily) since January and have lost 10lbs up until now. For the last two weeks, everything in my life has come to a head and now I find myself staring at the girl scout cookies sitting in my pantry. I look for chocolate, candy, bread, anything to eat. So far, I haven't gained but I haven't lost in the last two weeks either.

Family, relationship, money issues are simply getting to be too much for me and I feel like I am standing at the edge of a cliff and I am about to fall off. Worst of all, I can't really talk to anyone about it because we live in a really small town and rumors spread fast. I put up this really great front but inside I am just falling apart. Don't get me wrong, I am usually a very optimistic person but I have been in one bad ride over the last two and a half years, and while I have worked hard to try to improve things, nothing I have done has worked out. Now I am looking at the rest of this year and I wonder how much longer this will go on for. But most of all, how much longer before I have a breakdown!!:explode:

I am simply just beginning to lose my motivation to the point that I don't even want to get up in the morning. Anyway, I am just venting:grumble:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Be strong!! I know exactly what you are going through.. My husband has been laid off for a little over a month.. My house payment is past due and my hrs got cut to 28 hrs a week.. It sucks.. Money issues are taking over my life.. But instead of eating ( i am an emotional eater) I exercise... It makes me feel better and relieves the stress... So stay strong... It will get better in time.. Thats what I keep telling myself....
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    As for the weight...maybe try to keep maintaining and not lose right now. That in itself is a good thing. Keep trying! :smile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and just try to make healthy choices!:flowerforyou:
  • fatfranny
    fatfranny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :sad: I am there with you. We all have problems. One thing that has helped me is the realization that while most of my problems are out of my control, I can control what goes in my mouth. It makes me feel like I control my destiny, at least in one way.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I'm very sorry life is such a struggle right now:flowerforyou: You didn't mention if you excercise, but that can really really really help destress a person...:happy:

FC:heart:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been feeling the same. Tired of tracking my food. Not seeing the results like I used to. I know part of my problem is that I NEED winter to be over. I get seasonal depression and this winter seems to be lasting forever. We had one week of thawing and now we are back to -22c for highs and that's just teasing.

I agree I am also just trying to maintain until I get myself back.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • republicofmj
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time in your personal life. It's a hard thing to realize we are not really in control of most of the things in our life.

One thing you are in control of is you, that's it. No control over other people or things, just you. So take refuge that you can control what you choose to eat. And how wonderful it would be that when you emerge on the other side of this awful time in your life, you are healthier and looking good.

I always joke with my coworkers that I don't eat Girl Scout cookies because they are actually made of real Girl Scouts and I feel bad for them. That's how I stay away from them!

Keep posting and venting, you have all the support here!!! We all have our own personal challenges but we are all heading in the same direction -> Looking good naked!! ;-)
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You guys! Thank you so much for your encouraging words!:smile: I usually walk at least 40 minutes every day after I drop the kids off at school but wasn't able to do that all last week. I started back up yesterday.

This makes me realize I am not alone. Thank you so much for your encouragement, I really do feel better already...:flowerforyou:
  • margz85
    Options
    this may sound morbid ..but this helps me. I am paying my way through grad school and am broke...but i find my one motivation is going to the mall and trying on the new spring clothes in the size i want to be. They are tight ...but just barley buttoning them makes my feel good...and gets me back on track. I don't have the money to buy them...and since they don;t fit me yet it makes me not want to :wink: but it helps when i loose track! Also the weather and long winter is horrible....i just want to lay around and eat and watch TV on the weekends....that is how the mall started happening!