I want an earlier bed-time!

Options
But I cant figure out how to get myself into bed that early even though I have NOTHING to do this late at night! I could go to bed by eight if I wanted to and I DO Want to! ......Well At least by 9-9:30 :tongue: So has anyone got any experience with changing their bed time to an earlier time? I am usually in bed by 11-11:30 at the very latest but my kids wake up at 7-8 am consistantly and I cannot drag my but out of bed at that time...Its really really hard Unless I have gone to bed by 9:30 that night. I have managed to get into bed by that time but cant manage to do it consistantly (although I am pretty tired by that time) Anyone got any advice on how to get there?

Replies

• hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What a great question. I too have young kids and I can understand how tired you are when you dont get enough sleep. My suggestion is to get off the internet or stop watching tv (internet is my biggest timewaster). Get the kids in bed, do those jobs that are a must, have a little down time then get to bed. It will be hard to start with but you will feel more energized when you have had more sleep
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ya supprisingly enough I can even end up staying up too late when Im not on the internet! its not good and needs to change
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    set at alarm clock for like 9pm. then when it goes off, get ready for bed and hop in. get yourself in the same kind of time-crunch pattern as you would if you were waking up at 6am to be ready by 7am.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've heard that if you just start waking up consistently at a particular time each morning- and really force yourself to get up- then your body will tire out earlier and you'll end up going to bed earlier. Like, say tonight you can't get to sleep, if you force yourself to get up in the morning at 7 despite whatever time you go to bed, tomorrow night you'll be very tired and you'll need to go to bed earlier. That will make the next morning that much easier for you to get up at 7 because you went to bed earlier, but you still DID get up early so again you'll be tired in time for a decent bed time.