Wedding rings

AmeChops
AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
It's getting to the stage in my weightloss journey that my wedding and engagement rings are becoming quite loose. I reckon another 10lbs or so and they'll be falling off.

I've already had the engagement ring resized once (it was too big when I first got it) so I don't want to do it again until I'm down to the weight I want to be.

Where do you guys wear yours if they no longer fit on the correct finger...middle finger, on a necklace chain??

Replies

• When I've not been able to wear mine (usually because they were too small) I've put them on a necklace chain. However, because I don't feel right without a wedding ring on my hand, I've also bought a very cheap plain band to wear in the interim.
  • AmeChops
    Oooh...buying a temp one...I like that idea :-))
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    you can go to the jewelry store and they have things that will help it to fit. just a little piece of metal that doesnt hurt your ring at all and you can take it off by yourself. dont recall what they call it, sorry. done that a few times with stuff that is too lose until i had them resized. maybe 5 bucks or if you go to a place often they just gave me one.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    check out this site: http://viewithere.com/ring_guard/ :smile:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    You could wear them on a chain.. but really, why not get it sized? It sucks being without it for a week but its nice to be able to wear your symbols of commitment. I personally, go crazy whenever mine is out to be dipped or sized because it feels funny without something on my finger.

Really it all boils down to what you want, so I think a chain would be the best idea if you really don't want to size them right now.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    double post
  • AmeChops
    Didn't want to have them resized now then potentially have to do it again later - I'd heard each time you have them resized they get weaker and can only be done a certain amount of times.

Thanks for your suggestions, might check out that thing you can attach to them :-))
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    I wear mine in my desk drawer.