Diet Coke

Options
Is anyone here completely addicted to Diet Coke?? Like to the point you almost feel like you need a support group? I was off the "stuff" for 3 months and got back on it. It cannot be good for you, I just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue.....

Replies

• pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is beverage of choice these days.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's my downfall :( It is soo bad for you, the people at my gym call it "rot-gut." Not to mention it totally tricks your body by giving it something sweet without the calories... making you want to eat more. But alas, I still drink it. In high school I would drink multiple a day (i'm talking 5, 6.... maybe more) and now I'm down to 3 or 4 a week. Not too bad... I wish I could give it up altogether though.

You're not alone!!!!
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't diet coke, but diet dr peppper,,, I allow myself at least one a day :) But yes,,, from what I hear it's very bad . But it tastes sooooo good,, I love the fizz.
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    first thing i think of when I wake up. I drink 3-4 a day. Can't live without it. Throw a fit if I run out. Yes, there is something in it that is more addictive than crack. I gave it up for 3 months also. I didn't notice any changes that were big enough to give up something I love so much. SO I'm back to drinking it. Hello, my name is Stacey and I'm addicted to Diet coke. it's better than some other things I can think of so I don't feel SO bad. You are not alone!!!!!
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i stopped drinking diet coke 2 years and 9 months ago. i was addicted. i would drink 5 or 6 bottles a day and there would be days that i wouldn't drink water at all. everything tasted better with diet coke whether it was sushi, chipotle...whatever.

one day, i typed "i am addicted to diet coke" somewhere on facebook and i decided right there that i was going to quit. i literally had dreams and visions of indulging in diet coke for months after i quit.

honestly, the thing that saved me was sparkling/seltzer water. had i not given sparkling water another chance, i would have relapsed for sure. it satisfied the bubbly craving even though it was missing the flavor - but it worked for me.

Now, I always stock my fridge with Perrier and Vintage water.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If no one stops me, I can blow through a 12 pack of Coke Zero like nothin'...

Never had diet soda make me feel hungry before, though.
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero is beverage of choice these days.

My choice too. i love Coke Zero! i actually had quit drinking pop all together with an occasional caffeine free soda once every few months. I started to drink it more frequently lately. my dr was always happy that I didn't drink it hardly. MaggieMay131 may have a point about it making you want to eat more. However it can be filling to me with the acid, so it helps me eat less at dinner if I am in tune to my body.
    One nite though...my grandpa used to take rust off his car with Coke!!!! So, gut rot may be an excellent term!!!
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    im still stuck on actual coke iv gone from a bottle down to a can a day but sometimes i feel like i need more its realllly hard to cut down but i am trying takeing day by day
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am addicted as well. I pick my battles though and that is one I am not willing to give up.
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to be addicted to it as well where I had to have it first thing in the morning and I was very irritable without it. :)

I made the transition to caffeine-free diet coke and the irritability went away after a couple of days. I think it is mainly the caffeine that causes the irritability.

Since I started my diet, most days I do not drink any at all, sometimes I will drink one though. But I no longer have to have it...
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love diet coke but I don't have it as often as I like, which is a good thing. Maybe 2-3 times a month. BUT it has to be fountain!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero is my addiction.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i stopped drinking diet coke 2 years and 9 months ago. i was addicted. i would drink 5 or 6 bottles a day and there would be days that i wouldn't drink water at all. everything tasted better with diet coke whether it was sushi, chipotle...whatever.

one day, i typed "i am addicted to diet coke" somewhere on facebook and i decided right there that i was going to quit. i literally had dreams and visions of indulging in diet coke for months after i quit.

honestly, the thing that saved me was sparkling/seltzer water. had i not given sparkling water another chance, i would have relapsed for sure. it satisfied the bubbly craving even though it was missing the flavor - but it worked for me.

Now, I always stock my fridge with Perrier and Vintage water.
    I'm with you on this - sparkling water with lime does the trick for me. It gives me that "fizz" that I want, 0 calories, and no "rot gut" as a previous poster said!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I love coke zero and any diet drink now a days. problem is, my dad only buys real full calorie drinks except pepsi and diet pepsi is gross, so I drink water, haha
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I used to - but now I drink soda only once or twice a week (typically when we go out to dinner or something) 95% of the time though I just drink water. When i made my 'lifestyle change' I just decided to cut the soda - and started drinking water like crazy. For a few days I didn't feel great, and wanted the diet coke - but now I rarely want it.
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been Drinking Diet Coke/ Coke Zero for a while now.. I usually drink about 2-4 Liters a day. It's never given me headaches or made me feel hungry but i know it can't be good for me. Once I get in the habit of eating right and going to the gym I'll worry about working on that.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    I drink a 2 liter of Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi a day.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I have a large glass of diet pepsi/coke/stores' own before my meal in the evening. It helps me feel full and gives me a chance to sit down and chill after the madness of work/family and before the insanity of family/work. Never considered myself addicted, although if I am I'd think about cutting it down. However, surely one vice is acceptable?
  • Mary2270
    Options
    I thought I was until two things happened, 1) After stopping drinking regular pop, I dropped 18 pounds in one week! 2) per Biggest Loser, regular pop has 15 teaspoons of sugar in each can! Would you eat 15 teaspoons of sugar on a regular basis.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Despite a generally pretty healthy diet (lots of raw veggies and fruit), I consume entirely too much diet soda--mostly because I"m addicted to caffeine and my stomach HATES coffee. I love all types of carbonation, so I'm switching to sparkling water (I already drink a lot of it, but for Christmas my husband is getting a water carbonator, which will make it really convenient). I'm also weening myself off caffeine at the same time.