How to get that 6 pack???

Options
2»

Replies

• jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i soo want my 6 pack back - will gtte right on it after xmas has gone!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    6 pack starts in the kitchen. good diet. and cardio to burn the fat that's over the muscle. I love JM and Chalene Johnson. I recently got Chalene Extreme program (30bucks ebay) and she preaches clean eating (not that exact phrase though )

read a recent article how 6 packs are achievable, just not natural as women (IDK ABOUT MEN) have a more rounded mid-section assuming it has something to do with child bearing
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Clean diet is most important plus strength training and cardio. =-) I don't have perfect abs right now but usually have them (oopps my diet hasn't been the best) Add me as a friend for encouragement!

A clean diet helps, but is not necessary as long as you are in a deficit you will lose the fat.

Well if you want to get into it I think genetics plays a part too.. But for woman who actually have to watch what they eat and excercise...clean diets can help big time to achieve less belly fat. ;)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I actually post tons of ab workouts on my blog, but some of my favorite moves for a six pack are: mountain climbers, burpees, pushups, and a variety of other ab workouts. :)
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any pizza shop/convenience store depending on what you're into.
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I actually post tons of ab workouts on my blog, but some of my favorite moves for a six pack are: mountain climbers, burpees, pushups, and a variety of other ab workouts. :)

These ab workouts are awesome!!!! Try them!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Basically what everyone else said, a moderate calorie deficit to lose body fat overall, and weightlifting to maintain muscle.

I disagree with the 10% body fat that somebody else said though. For a woman 10-12% is essential fat, so I wouldn't advise going that low. You should be able to see abs at around 15% :)
  • indianlarry11
    indianlarry11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This is good info. The new science is stating that core work will beat out traditional ab exercises (crunches, sit-ups, etc.) when it comes to getting your six pack. Throw in a lot of stablization exercises like planks and side planks. Good luck!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a six pack. You just need to be able to see it. This means dropping your body fat percentage down to around 10 percent =) you can do situps and crunches all day long and if you are 17-25 percent bf you won't be able to tell that its there. Hope this helps. Healthy eating and Cardio are great ways to drop bf but the best way is strength training so that you build up your muscles and burn calories all day long as opposed to only while doing cardio (while burning muscle if done for too long..)

OK, that makes more sense. So I need to do overall weights to lower my BF%, and not target a specific area?

Yes, that's pretty much it.
    ^^ this.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    [/quote

I will have a look at this after work. I should do some work.....
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any pizza shop/convenience store depending on what you're into.

Aahh and there it is!!! :happy:
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do lots of ab exercises an the ones that give me the fastest results are core workouts, pole dance, planks, hand stands etc . Try to build endurance in your muscles as well as strength, I have been working on my six pack for about two months now, and It is really the diet that makes the most difference.