Looking for new MFP friends over 200 lbs

Replies

• hey, i'm hannah, just weighed in at 218lb, really great idea to have a group for people who have a ways to go. I began to lose weight around 4 years ago when i was about 420lbs so in the light of things not much more :) starting on the first of jan with the 30 day shred xxx
  • Nutmeg90795
    Nutmeg90795 Posts: 46 Member
    Im 212 and have lost 38 pounds :) , feel free to add me
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    im over 200 :) feel free to add me
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Hi! I'm over 200 - 1st goal is 175 by April. I've lost about 26 lbs since the middle of October. Please feel free (anyone) to add me - the more the merrier.
  • That would be me, Nat, and I would be happy to cheer you on. :flowerforyou:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    I am, but aim to not be there for too long :)
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Hi Nati - You are beautiful and you will have great support here. My office is filled with over 100 women who celebrate birthdays with cake, weekly food days, and lots of candy and baked goods on the Holidays! Before I knew it I had increased from 140 to 230 from sitting and eating.

Start with a plan, buy your groceries in advance (including lots of raw veggies and low calorie snacks) so that you are not distracted and hungry, drink that water and walk at least 15 minutes a day. You just start with small steps and you will be successful. The daily diary draws your attention to the things that can be corrected, day by day. I am over 200 but plan to be 160, by my birthday in June. Try to enjoy every day of your life and be excited about your future. You will be successful.
  • I am just over 200lbs. Please add me.
  • I'm over 200 lbs and I know what you mean....I have 2 great encouraging, motivating friends on this site that are under 200 lbs., but it's not the same as going through this with someone who knows what it's like to be this overweight. I used to be fit and healthy but then i had my son and it all went to hell...I weigh 265 now. If you had told me 13 years ago before I had my kid that I would be this overweight today I would have said no f***ing way! But here I am, and it's even tougher to lose after 40. So please feel free to add me as a friend...we over 200's need to stick together to make it through! :happy:
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    You are more than welcome to add me. My highest weight was 401. I started MFP at 341.6 on 9/15/11. I am now at 292.4. My goal right now is to get rid of the morbidly in front of obese. I would like to get to 232 this coming year and then hold there for a little while before I decide how much more I would like to lose.
  • Shevaun619
    Shevaun619 Posts: 34 Member
    I'm 245 and want to...scratch that...I am GOING TO lose at least 50 pounds by my birthday (June). Anyone please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    If you want someone who started at 232 & is now 152 in 8 months then feel free to add me.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    I am... But i wont be when i am done :D

love it!!!!!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    I'm 216, you can add me too!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Hi. I started at 325 and am now down to 298. Looking to get to 150 so I have a long way to go but will get there. I'l send a request and would love to be a support to each other. I understand where you are coming from with wanting others who understand.
  • You can add me if you like... I started at 225ish and this morning weighed in at 212.1, I've only been on MFP for about a month... Proud of myself so far though because in the past I haven't stuck to anything for more than a week. This website makes it way more convenient as well as the app on my phone to just make myself aware of what I am putting in my body. And for the first time in my life I am seeing results, the results alone keep me motivated. My friends and wife are supportive but I'm pretty sure they are starting to get sick of hearing about my efforts so I just make my scale my own motivation! Good luck!
  • Started losing in August have lost 40. Only 13 with MFP. started here 7 weeks ago. Have 110 to go. hope to maintain 248 for the next few days of Holiday. Would love to support you on your journey. We can do it!!!
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Started at 290, got down to 250, stayed there for 2 years, gained 10, and now ready to get down to 199. I would love some friends who have as much as me to lose and congrats to everyone for doing something about it!
  • I'm 21. Start weight 223lb current 216. add me=)
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    My highest weight was 305 and I weighed in at 202 yesterday and I am only 5'2 and still have a loooong way to go! Feel free to add me too!