Two years and 95lbs w/pics

Options

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look amazing. Glad to see all your hard work paid off.....
  • skystew2003
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great inspiration.
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! you look fabulous and you should feel so proud!!! thanks for being such an inspiration!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look great!! :) thats amazing and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • Jamie2181
    Jamie2181 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh my god! You look great! You don't look like your age at all :)
  • leoS8190
    leoS8190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Your starting weight, is my starting weight now! Now I do 100% that this IS possible!! Thanks for sharing!!! I appreciate it! You look FABULOUS!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the compliments! And congratulations to all of you and especially to all who have lost weight. Whether it's one pound or one hundred pounds, what matters is that you're here, watching what you eat, getting some exercise and determined to change. You should all feel some pride.

I don't say that lightly. Honestly eating right and exercising isn't all that hard. But not giving up, especially when it's not going as well as you'd like or when life has thrown you a curve ball, that's hard. Sometimes just logging in what I ate was about all I could manage. If you're here, then you've already taken that crucial first step. Hang in there! Forget about yesterday, do just a little bit more today and let tomorrow worry about itself! You're worth it!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You are my hero! Congratulations first off. Secondly - I applaud you loudly for having the patience and perseverance to continue on whilst stuck on a plateau. So many times I see people whine that they haven't lost anything in a week or two of trying HARD...doing everything they can and they're ready to give up... it is patience and a continuous relationship with exercise and food that will eventually find you back in the losing mode. Giving up will put you right back to where you came from... which for many of us is not a healthy place.

Thanks for your post. I am in my late 40s and it is not as easy to lose as it was when I was younger. I know this time I don't have to worry how hard it will be to lose weight when I'm older because I won't need to because this is forever... but I wish I had learned this lifelong lesson the last time!

Continued success will be yours because you know exactly what you are doing! Congratulations once again. You look fantastic!

^^^What she said, plus congratulations! You look amazing, great job! Thanks for sharing!
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great job, i am proud of you :)
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! you are such an inspiration!
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    you look amazing!! cant believe you are 60.. you look fantastic. IMPRESSIVE
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look great. Happy 60th! I'm working on being "fit by 50".
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    haha, for a second there I thought you said fit by sixty. Maybe you meant fit and sexy. :glasses:

OMG Your 60th Birthday !!!!! NO WAY. :noway:

LOVELY HOT LADY !!! :bigsmile:

Not trying to hook up, just saying you look really great. :embarassed:

Well done ! :drinker:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    WOW awesome
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • Richdogg38
    Options
    Today is my second anniversary with MFP. I have lost 95 pounds and reached my goal of "Fit by Sixy!"

Here's the picture that sparked the journey:

Start_photo.jpg

And here's my 60th birthday photo from yesterday:

Birthday.jpg

The stats are:

Height: 5'6"
    SW: 242.5lbs
    CW: 147.5lbs

I did it my logging in everything I eat, by exercising for an hour daily (elliptical trainer) and copious amounts of patience, persistence and perserverance. I take it one day at a time and I only do what I know I can keep doing for the rest of my life. My first and foremost goal is to not gain the weight back.

I'm a big believer in patience - it was hard sometimes to go through the long plateaus and tempting to try to jump start things by cutting back or exercising more. But I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep that up and changing my routine might jeopardize my long term commitment. So I waited..and waited..and eventually the weight loss started up again. Now, here I am in the best shape of my life and I don't even remember those plateaus. Staying healthy and fit and at a normal weight is so much better than getting here fast!

I'm going to stay on MFP and continue logging daily forever. This is what it takes to stay this way. I'm happy, I feel great and I'm going to stay that way!
    You look wonderful! Great job!
  • KariePerez
    Options
    :bigsmile: Congrats and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a fabulous present to yourself, well done! :smile:
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    You look like an entirely different person! Incredible!
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW--biggest congrats on all your hard work, patience, etc!! Thanks so much for explaining what you did bc as a newby, I NEED that!! You are great motivation to me--thanks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!