Early Spring Bean Salad

Options
Brenda_1965
Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
HI! Yesterday I went to my local health food store and sampled a recipe that an employee there made up. It was incredible, and it fills in my void - with some protein!

1 can garbanzo beans
1 can kidney beans
1 red pepper-diced
1 red onion- diced
10 sprigs of parsley- chopped
Juice of one lemon
2T balsamic vinegar
2T olive oil

1. Rinse beans, combine in dish.
2. Refrigerate 1-2 hours so the spices meld.
3. Gorge!!!! the whole entire recipe is only about 850 calories! I stuffed myself on 1/4 of the recipe for lunch today. (My normal lunch of an almond butter sandwich is 300 calories and leaves me feeling a bit hungry!) :drinker:

If you look up Early Spring Bean Salad in the My Fitness Pal foods database, what I have put in there is the entire batch that is listed above. Just put in the fraction for how much you ate!

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    HI! Yesterday I went to my local health food store and sampled a recipe that an employee there made up. It was incredible, and it fills in my void - with some protein!

1 can garbanzo beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 red pepper-diced
    1 red onion- diced
    10 sprigs of parsley- chopped
    Juice of one lemon
    2T balsamic vinegar
    2T olive oil

1. Rinse beans, combine in dish.
    2. Refrigerate 1-2 hours so the spices meld.
    3. Gorge!!!! the whole entire recipe is only about 850 calories! I stuffed myself on 1/4 of the recipe for lunch today. (My normal lunch of an almond butter sandwich is 300 calories and leaves me feeling a bit hungry!) :drinker:

If you look up Early Spring Bean Salad in the My Fitness Pal foods database, what I have put in there is the entire batch that is listed above. Just put in the fraction for how much you ate!